post replypost new topic
Swollen And Painful Hands With No Cure???

Posted: September 12, 2017, 10:55 PM
I have been dealing with swollen, painful, hands for 2 years and they just keep getting worse. The doctors have no clue what it is but I think it's from the years I shot suboxone. Even though I don't and haven't for years the pain and symptoms are getting progressively worse. I have no idea what to do and was wondering if anyone has gone through this and gotten any answers or know of any treatment that cures or helps. I am desperate for guidance.

Posted: September 12, 2017, 11:35 PM
Hello and welcome! Unfortunately I don't have this problem and can't give you any advice... what is your doctor saying? I didn't want you to hang in here without any answers. Hopefully someone can share their experiences with the same problem as yours! I know how frustrating it can be to live without an answer! Hang in there!

Posted: September 14, 2017, 2:43 PM
Have you been to a rheumatologist? Painful, swollen hands are often the very first sign of rheumatoid arthritis. It certainly wouldn't hurt to go get an evaluation. They can do bloodwork that can help them to determine if you have the disease.

Even though you used your hands for IV drug use, they still shoudn't be giving you trouble two years later...if you haven't continued to use your hands to inject, that is.

I think this definitely warrants a trip to the doctor!!
post replypost new topic