< prev  next >  post replypost new topic
Hydro Addiction

Posted: March 17, 2013, 12:03 PM
Spoke to.soon about the energy today I have none. I know I have to be patient because being inpatient cause relapse which not what I'm trying to do will just pay someone to come clean for me. Thanks for listening guys

Posted: March 17, 2013, 5:23 PM
OK so I did make myself get up and clean and once I started couldn't stop it gave me energy so I now see why people say get up and move. I hope I'm also helping someone else by posting my progress and not boring anyone.

Posted: March 17, 2013, 10:55 PM
Not boring anyone :) I just hope I make it to where you're at almost 3 months clean.

Posted: March 18, 2013, 4:57 AM
Thanks for the kind words. I guess sleep will be the last thing that returns. I wake up any where from 2 to 4 am wide awake with my thoughts.

Posted: March 18, 2013, 4:59 AM
Nldawson are you in recovery and if so how long has it been for you? Thanks for your kind words.

Posted: March 19, 2013, 5:08 AM
Well its 4am here and I'm wide awake. How long does it take to sleep all night.? Guess I will just get up and wash some cloths.

Posted: March 19, 2013, 7:31 AM
I think it all depends on you. I didn't sleep a whole night for almost 3 weeks! I was very grouchy at times. I've heard other people say they have no problem sleeping, then i've heard a week so idk really. I do know for fact it won't last forever. I have no problem sleeping these days some days I even get 9 or 10 hrs in at once. Your doing great! Hugs.

Posted: March 19, 2013, 4:41 PM
It also took me almost 3 weeks. I heard on this website, numerous times that lack of sleep won't kill anyone and when our bodies need the sleep, it will happen but if I pick up & use, that I can & will die from.

Be grateful for the rest you do get & be assured, you will again sleep.

Keep coming back~
xoxo
Stacey

--------------------
Happiness is not in the bottom of a pill bottle. It's inside you.

Posted: March 20, 2013, 11:00 PM
I'm checking in doing great still just wish I could sleep longer but I will not use

Posted: March 21, 2013, 1:06 PM
hey guys dealing with the depression is tough...

Posted: March 21, 2013, 2:46 PM
The sleep deprivation and depression were tough on me too. To this day I still believe I was hallucinating after about five days no sleep. My husband thinks I was just nuts. lol. It does get better. Don't give up the hope that things will be so much brighter. Also, once I did start sleeping, I forced myself to stay up all day and not take naps. That way I was so tired at night that I ended up getting a good 8 hours.

What helped me with the depression was pushing myself to get out and do things. I remember walking out in the backyard and for the first time in years enjoying the sight of the flowers, trees and birds. It also helped when I started helping others. Going to the meetings, setting up the coffee, putting up literature, cleaning ashtrays. If you don't go to meetings, you can try the food pantrys or shelters. Hospitals are always looking for volunteers. Get involved with a church group or visit kids in the cancer ward. It is amazing what it does for the psyche.
You are doing great, We are rooting for you.

Posted: March 22, 2013, 11:52 AM
Good news u guys r so right I slept through the night last night and feel rested. I did have cravings yesterday but made myself get busy and it passed.

Posted: March 23, 2013, 3:52 PM
Just out of curiosity,what are you doing about the cravings? This what kept me relapsing.I would start to feel better,get sleep and then BOOM! in a microsecond I would have an urge to use that is undescribable.Unfortunatley,what usually happened is that I would use.It was very hard for me to wrap my head around the POWERLESSNESS of addiction.I had a disease yet I would rationalize that one little pill or 4 wouldn't kill me and I'm sure you can deduct the rest.

Only another addict knew that feeling.Most people would say just quit and then you will be o.k.They had no understanding of what we go through.I hope you find a support group and when you get an urge,call someone.This isn't about being weak or morally deficient but is a proven psychological fact.Our brains are wired differently and eventually if you don't get some phone numbers and a sponsor there is a 99% chance you will use again.

I went without sleep for 10 days straight and I like Dawn would actually start hallucinating.Then on the 11th day I came home at noon,laid down and didn't get back up until the next day.It's diffrent for everyone.

Til this day,I still don't sleep good but I do take Melatonin and i really don't know if helps or not.When you are use to taking copious amount of narcotics,xanax,muscle relaxers I don't think that is sleep but being close to dead.

One thing I didn't do is stay in bed and stare at the ceiling.I would get up and read,paint or clean.I would even take the dog to the park at 2:00 in the morning

Kat is right.The body will tell you it's time to sleep.Nobody has died from sleep deprivation but it was explained to me that drugs manufactured a false sleep.There would no REM sleep.It was all fake and since the body got use to chemical help for so long,it has to adjust and it's different for everyone and I'm gald you finnally got sleep.

This post has been edited by Tim on March 23, 2013, 3:55 PM

--------------------
user posted image

"Sometimes the biggest catch will bite you in the a**"

Posted: March 23, 2013, 10:00 PM
Hey Tim good to hear from u. When I get the cravings I think of all the money I wasted then I imagine myself eating a 20 dollar bill and it discusses me. I never want to touch them ever again I hate them and I see how good my life is sober. I will continue to update and as always thanks for the wise advise.

Posted: March 28, 2013, 9:35 PM
Just checking in real quick my friends and supporters I'm still clean and happy yesterday I felt a little depressed but it passed so I'm still trucking along

Posted: March 29, 2013, 1:41 PM
Good to see you, Gclean~!

Thanks for checking in. If the depression returns, remember, there are no requirements to go & just sit and listen at an AA or NA meeting. Completely free and you just might hear something to help you with what you're going through.

Have a nice weekend.

Happy Easter~
Stacey

--------------------
Happiness is not in the bottom of a pill bottle. It's inside you.

Posted: March 31, 2013, 5:34 PM
Thanks Stacey I will take that advice. I just wanted to share that I have been clean for 2 months since this post started. I'm proud of myself!!

Posted: April 12, 2013, 10:00 PM
Just giving update I'm doing good noticed the other day I had not thought of a pill in couple days. Still in recovery which I hope I stay been busy spending my money shopping and enjoying it! Still fighting to win my life back.

Posted: April 13, 2013, 9:41 PM
You are doing great!! The first two months were the hardest for me mentally and emotionally and I started feeling better around 80 days. Still doing a meeting a day and actually am waiting to go into one now! I'm getting my six months in a week :)

It gets better and so proud of you!

Much love, Kerry

Posted: April 16, 2013, 9:57 PM
So proud of u too Kerry. I feel so much better sober
post replypost new topic