post replypost new topic
Opinions Please
Susan

Posted: August 28, 2017, 10:09 AM
Hi,
So just a quick question and opinions would be awesome simply because I am researching and keep getting crazy different things. I was using opiates (Vicodin)to be clear and I was at 10 a day, then I got on the methadone program.
I am currently trying to taper off methadone. I was at 70 and went down 5 every 4 days. Today I went down 7 to try it out to see how I feel since I go back to clinic tomorrow morning. I am now at 43 today. Although they tell me to slow down I am trying to listen to my body and mental strength. So now here is my question, do I need to wait a week before going down again or can I go down the 4 days without feeling the withdraw? I ask this because, the nurses at the clinic told me your body takes 3 days for the methadone to stabilize in your body. That is why I went down every 4 days. I guess that is my fear that I will start to feel sick and then want to go up when I have made progress already. Also I want to try going down 10 once or twice, recommend or against it for my safety of not feeling totally horrible? Thank you.

Posted: August 28, 2017, 2:42 PM
everyone is different - that's why you read so many different approaches and outcomes.

What you are doing sounds fine. some go for longer amount of days after dropping, some shorter.
the longer the taper, the less wd sx.

vitamins and supplement drinks help to boost and give nutrients when your body needs more in order to heal.

post replypost new topic