post replypost new topic
Boyfriend Does Meth Every Night In Front Of Me

Posted: May 22, 2017, 11:11 AM
So my partner and I have been dating for 2.5 years. When i first starting dating he said he does weed instead of other drugs he use to do to suppress his cravings.

1 year into our relationship I found a crackpipe in his car. Ever since then he confessed- he's been doing it in front of me every night. He works 12 hour shifts 6 days a week doing construction and says he takes meth to keep sane.

When hes on it, its like i dont exist. He comes home from work and straight away smokes and cleans the pipe till 5:30am in the morning till he leaves for work. Meanin he never sleeps and never eats. I'm worried and feel lost because its like i dont exist or something, i hardly see him during the day and while hes home, hes obssessed over the meth. He's easily angered and says really random things when high. he admits he's weak and is cutting down but says he takes it for hours bc he can control himself unlike other meth users who take it in a couple of minutes.

How do i handle the situation? we always fight because whenever I wake up in the middle of the night and see him standing in the corner just on his phone doing deals or smoking, I give him s*** for not sleeping and taking it...

Posted: May 22, 2017, 1:35 PM
Hi - you probably want to post on the Family/Partners board.

you have known about his addiction for 1.5 years. you need to decide if you are staying in it or getting out. it is too hard to deal with his addiction while living together. too hard to be the baby sitter and meth police and the meanie... you have also been half of the reason he can keep up the addiction - he has a place to come home to, food when he wants it, company when he wants it. otherwise his only responsibility is to go to work and get high.... idk who's paying the bills, etc. if you are the responsible one, making sure everything is done, then he does not have to think about it. life is fine - for him.... (sarcasm - he's making money, what more do you want)

addicts feel the consequences when others are not taking care of their daily stuff. you are keeping him a float.

Go to Naranon or Alanon meeting to learn to separate your stuff from his stuff.

you will probably need to separate until he quits. you can still be in touch, but he needs to have the responsibility of taking care of himself. often it is when they loose everything, including housing and job, they might decide to quit.

His decisions are putting himself and everyone around him in danger. I hope he is not driving or using machines or vehicles at work. even using basic carpentry tools are dangerous for him or others - if he makes a mistake.... I'm surprised he is not falling asleep at work.

start saving your $$ so you can move out when the time comes.

it will be difficult for him to quit and keep his job. this is part of the problem. his current state is his 'normal' if he tries to quit he will not be feeling normal and will not be able to deal w working. first suggest out patient treatment. maybe drs can help medicate him thru with drawal so he can work? but they usually demand the addict go to meetings and programs that will also interfere w a full work schedule....

best bet - separate yourself and let him deal w his addiction.

Also - his behavior is not to be trusted. meth gets scary and he is showing signs of that.

Posted: May 22, 2017, 1:36 PM
http://americanaddictioncenters.org...meth-treatment/

Posted: May 23, 2017, 2:27 AM
You should re-post this on the methamphetamine board. This is the methadone board. From what you have written, I think the "meth" you refer to is methamphetamine.

Posted: May 23, 2017, 7:45 AM
Thank you. Sorry new to this, have now posted in the partners of addicts page.
post replypost new topic