post replypost new topic

Posted: May 3, 2011, 9:31 AM
I woke up and went to an AA meeting this mornng for the first time in a while. They hugged me asked where I had been etc. It was so good to see everyone again. I love that group. They were sharing on the fourth step. I know my HP is begging me to look at all my defects. I thought I had done a pretty thorough fourth step but a few thing have come to light and I realize I need to look long and hard at my part in things. God that sucks. But I am looking forward to the blessings. I wonder how come this all took so long. I guess everything happens in its own time. Denial serves its purpose too. Anyways I couldn't stay for the whole meeting. I still have to take the kids to school. But I wanted to share what was freely given to me this morning and that is, I am forever a work in progress. But I am every so slowly growing upon spiritual lines.
Love,
Jane

--------------------
My success story

Beliefs have the power to create and the power to destroy.
Human beings have the awesome ability
to take any experience of their lives
and create a meaning that disempowers them
or one that can literally save their lives.

- Anthony Robbins

Sometimes I lay awake at night and wonder where I've gone wrong. Then a little voice inside my head says,
"This is going to take more than one night."

"Ring the bells that still can ring.
Forget your perfect offering.
There is a crack in everything.
That's how the light gets in."
-Leonard Cohen

user posted image

Posted: March 8, 2020, 11:19 AM
40. Beginning of the day. Posting here has become a part of my daily spiritual/recovery process. Gosh I would love to go back to this point of taking my kids to school and being so overwhelmed ...oh I was just gonna post how I would fix it and fix my attitude, I am so grateful that I am in recovery now. I wish I coulda go back and not hurt the people I hurt. I would have to go back so far, I just have to begin again in my recovery. I’m hot on the heals of processing a painful loss..again. Recovery doesn’t mean we won’t hurts people or loose people it just means hopefully we don’t hurt people as often, My therapist said I only need to come once in a while now. I thought I was more messed up than that. I guess I’m not, who would have thought. I am grateful that I keep wanting to change and grow in this program but it’s not a race or a competition. I just have to trust (get in the wheelbarrow) I don’t know why things happened and I don’t have to, I just have to trust.
Onward to the rest of the day. I have a 5th step with a sponsee. So interesting the post above talks about seeing our part. Guess that is what I needed to hear.
Much love & respect,
Jane

--------------------
My success story

Beliefs have the power to create and the power to destroy.
Human beings have the awesome ability
to take any experience of their lives
and create a meaning that disempowers them
or one that can literally save their lives.

- Anthony Robbins

Sometimes I lay awake at night and wonder where I've gone wrong. Then a little voice inside my head says,
"This is going to take more than one night."

"Ring the bells that still can ring.
Forget your perfect offering.
There is a crack in everything.
That's how the light gets in."
-Leonard Cohen

user posted image
post replypost new topic