post replypost new topic
Day 9

Posted: April 1, 2011, 10:10 AM
I think I drank the kool-aide :). I went to the 6:30 am meeting again. I finally found my lady who invited me to come back. I asked her to sponsor me and I got her number. She told me to call her and we would talk about it. Problem is I am not sure when to call and she got busy talking to other people before I had to leave to get to work. I like the group, its small and tolerable. And for now it's working. I feel good. I ran last night, after I haven't for a while because of my neck issues. I first consulted a doctor he said to run on grass or something soft and start slow. It was the best thing I could have done for myself aside from the meeting. It reminded me of who I am. Ahhhh! It was a beautiful night. My daughter and I played catch with the softball and mits. Went on a walk. I visited with my mom, niece and daughter and we just laughed and talked. I felt not only normal but blessed. This is the good stuff. Onward!

--------------------
My success story

Beliefs have the power to create and the power to destroy.
Human beings have the awesome ability
to take any experience of their lives
and create a meaning that disempowers them
or one that can literally save their lives.

- Anthony Robbins

Sometimes I lay awake at night and wonder where I've gone wrong. Then a little voice inside my head says,
"This is going to take more than one night."

"Ring the bells that still can ring.
Forget your perfect offering.
There is a crack in everything.
That's how the light gets in."
-Leonard Cohen

user posted image

Posted: April 1, 2011, 11:23 AM
I felt not only normal but blessed. This is the good stuff. Onward!

And that, my friend, is your HP front & center and when you're doing the actions, God takes care of the results and there's usually a spiritual experience like you just described in all of it, we just have to do the work. Today I love the spiritual experiences I am blessed with~!

As far as the sponsor, call anytime and if she's busy, she'll let you know & tell you to call back at such & such time. If she doesn't answer, leave her a message and she'll get back to you. Just take the action & show her you're willing.

I'm so happy for you, you've turned that first corner and it just keeps getting better from here.

Big, smoke-free smooches,
Stacey

--------------------
Happiness is not in the bottom of a pill bottle. It's inside you.

Posted: April 1, 2011, 9:19 PM
I had a very good day :) It keeps getting a little better. I guess most quits are like that easy days and days that are just sucky. I am grateful this has been a really good one.

--------------------
My success story

- Anthony Robbins

Sometimes I lay awake at night and wonder where I've gone wrong. Then a little voice inside my head says,

-Leonard Cohen

user posted image

Posted: February 5, 2020, 11:44 AM
Day 9. I woke up super early like 330am but I felt rested. So I did a Deepak & Oprah meditation then listened to a speaker tape on steps 5, 6 & 7. Then I went and ran 3 miles on the treadmill because it was 16 degrees outside. I stopped and got a good coffee and donuts - what the hell is wrong with me. why would you run then eat donuts. For now and for always tho running has been more about sanity than weight.
I read my previous day 9 playing catch outside ? wtf. Utah weather is so unpredictable. Last night I did some step work. I read a womens way through the big book and then answered some workbook questions. Yesterday on this board I was reminded to ask my HP for what I need. So it was good to review coming to.. I may still be salvagable. There may be some grace left for me. I am right now chewing half a piece of 2mg Nic gum. Maybe that counts as being smoke free still- I haven't had any cigs.
I love how inspired I was last day 9. I listened to a podcast on the way to work about being delgihted. I really like the though of how they explained what delight is. Its the butterfly that goes from joy to joy. I was delighted by the explaination.

--------------------
My success story

- Anthony Robbins

-Leonard Cohen

user posted image
post replypost new topic