post replypost new topic
Addict/alkie Playing Victim/blame Shifting.

Posted: February 12, 2019, 2:10 AM
Long and ventish.

Talk about twisting things around. The alkie/addict here loves to portray themselves as a victim complaining they don't like or haven't liked people's attitude towards them. Oh you're so judgemental. He's basically blame shifting.

Well, you say your girlfriend kicked you out and you will not give a reason people who know your past history and drinking habits might not jump to give you the benefit of the doubt. This and friends and family not bailing him out of a bankrupcty over the last 10 years have made these two events the focal point of many of his excuses, rationalizations etc. He seems to slip in this resentment in just about every rant or temper tantrum-especially when intoxicated.

Then instead of accepting the fact the fact that decades of excessive drinking, sports & caffeinated drink consumption, poor diet, steroid & speed use have caused his cardiovascular issues in a family with no history he is now blaming/shaming doctors who "missed" it and the family for their choice of doctors. He still claims the stresses in his life(not getting his way which he confuses with actual pain or status like actually being homeless on the street) have caused his issues. He can't handle disappointment which he confuses with catastrophic/devastating loss.

He's also implied and/or accused family of stealing from him yet he was the one caught going through every cabinet, drawer, closet, box in the house "looking for something". And he frequently tries to manipulate you.

I don't know wether to consider him a grifter or conman playing for sympathy/support from others or a plain old punk/weasel. He spends so much time on image and how he is viewed those unaware can absolutely be fooled. For those who know it gets tiring.

Playing victim and blame shifting, an addicts/alcoholic's game.

Posted: February 12, 2019, 11:39 PM
Gosh samegame he's really full of himself. I think the only person he is fooling is himself. He lives in an altered reality.

Posted: February 13, 2019, 9:48 PM
OMG Samegame!! That describes my son! He thinks he is so smooth & under control and he thinks everyone believes his lies & BS. Everyone is tired of HIM never being there for us when we are going thru difficult times & is quick to blame & cuts out everyone who doesn't come thru for him EVERY, SINGLE, DAMN time he F***s up AGAIN....

I'm still trying to not engage him & not react to him.... :( Breaks my damn heart because I love him so stinking much

Posted: February 15, 2019, 11:49 AM
It's funny how they blame others for their self inflicted problems. Here he goes so far as to say other's don't have the stress he does. But he doesn't have a mortgage/house, child or even the stress of doing things himself-he delegates/pays for services he cannot afford. Stress to him is not getting his way.

I don't how old your son is but this is gray haired middle aged adult who never left his teen party years which also means they are still in the mode of somebody else taking of it. He's just approaching where he should've been as a 30 years ago as a 1/2 century old adult.

Some people need a transformation along with simply not using or drinking because they lived the life so long they don't know or can even comprehend another way. But people can always change if they really want to but the incentive or trigger to change varies and is elusive. Hopefully they'll find it one day.
post replypost new topic