post replypost new topic
Xanax,halcion Im Not A User My Fiance Is..

Posted: January 17, 2015, 1:15 AM
My fiance & I have been together for 10 years. We met when I was 13 turning 14. We both smoked weed and took pills all kinds xanax and hydro, sometimes even Xpills. He told me at 15 to stop taking pills I did, still smoking weed while he still smoked weed and took all the pills any kind. Then he had to get on phrobation so I stoped smoking with him so it would be easier. Down the line he started his herion use went to multiple rehabs. Finally when I became pregnet at 18 I was completely sober he was not fully into herion usage. I went thur my horrible pregnancy with out him basicly. Finally when our beautiful health daughter was born before she turned one he went to rehab. He came out right before her first birthday and he was able to celebrate that day and till she was about 2 and a half perfectly clean. Then is also bi-polar his doctor percribed him xanax and halicon. Now our daughter is 3 almost 4. For the past 5months I have lived in hell but I love this man so much. I have delt with emotional and a long time ago physical abuse. Im getting to the point where I am tired of dealing with drug use any way shape or form. My daughter comes first she never sees any of his use because i will not subject her too it. Me and him both were raise in a drug household. Why can he not see that he needs to get clean for her? It doesnt matter if a doctor is subcribing it. Its still a drug when you dont take it how you are suppost to. Im very torn but I think im going to have to leave my love of ten years because he loves drugs more than family

Posted: January 17, 2015, 10:42 AM
Aliyahs08

At 18 you were clean/dry .. not sober and sane.
(A brief text from AA on sobriety http://www.aa.org/pages/en_US/daily...y=2015&m=01&d=2 )

If you were sober (dictionary definition: characterized by reason, sanity, or self-control; showing mental and emotional balance) you would not be in the situation you are in.

You find yourself between a rock & a hard place and can't decide what to do or find the strength to carry out your decision.

You are blaming someone else and not taking responsibility for yourself and your family.
(He is not taking care of himself or his family, can you see a similarity?)
Addiction ... co-dependance .... lack of direction and power (powerless)

Narcotics Anonymous can help you both with your addiction and Nar-Anon can help you make good decisions without co-dependency.

Please look them up in your phone book or on-line and give them a call. It will change your life.

All the best.

Bob R

--------------------
Serenity Prayer
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.

Free copy of AA's Big Book on-line: http://www.aa.org/pages/en_US/alcoh...olics-anonymous

Free copy of NA's Big Book on-line:
Copy & Paste coastalcarolinaarea.org/literature/books/b_t.pdf

AA's HOW IT WORKS:
Copy & paste www.aa.org/assets/en_US/p-10_howitworks.pdf

NA's HOW IT WORKS:
http://www.na.org/admin/include/spa...0it%20Works.pdf

----------------------------------------------------------------

--- driven by a hundred forms of fear, self-delusion, self-seeking, and self-pity.

---there are those too who suffer from grave emotional and mental disorders but many of them do recover if they have the capacity to be honest.

... I need AA more than it needs me.

--- I fight recovery tooth and nail....
I'm not used to being sane, it just doesn't seem natural.

...... According to the great spiritual teachers, ignorance does not result from what we don’t know; ignorance results from what we think we do know.

---Some think that 2+2=5 and believe it.
Some know that 2+2=4 and can't stand it.

--- I didn't have a very happy childhood
but I sure am having a long one !

---Dry since 1989
working daily on getting/staying SOBER.

---If you want to drink, that's your business
...If you want to quit, that's AA's business.

... Tell me, I'll forget;
... Show me, I'll remember;
... Engage me, I'll understand.

---Most problems are psychological.
Most solutions are spiritual .

"If we try to change our ego with the help of our ego, we only have a better-disguised ego."
--Richard Rohr

WWBWD (What Would Bill W. Do)
post replypost new topic