post replypost new topic
S.o.s :)

Posted: January 13, 2016, 11:39 AM
long long long story.but iv had enough to be blunt,,pardon the pun...iv been an supporter,grower off weed for some time.....smoked for 25 years now,..but wasnt really smoking SK till the early 90s when it started to pick up pace in the uk...but as we all must know iv ended up chasing th estrong strainsand not given respect to my mind or body or the weed to that fact over the years....i reckon if i would off mixed up a few milder weeds on my journey in life i wouldnt be here,,,,i would prob have a mild habit haha...instead off this money draining stressfull ashtray off life..dont get me wrong i know it has its benefits....and thats coming from a man whos son has been on the oil for two years now whilst battling cancer in his leg and lungs(non smoker)...i myself had health issues years ago which maybe added tp my uptake off weed in general...but i think we all know when its time to stop....and i know theres no magic red button,,should off kept them thc levels down...im gutted because i love it,.but health wise...1 in 2 off us will get cancer..?? so if my boy survives theres a chance then he could have to go through the process off watching me battling it...hope not,...i used to laugh at druggies..karma :(
Edge

Posted: January 14, 2016, 3:41 AM
The fact is...

We have to face the pain.

It hurts, we listen to our inner naggings as we quit and do what they urge us to.

We rearrange our life and then who needs weed? Life is changed and there can be no room for weed unless we keep it in there.

Seriously you are going to die one day man. And on your death bed you will look back and see that the only reason you didn't change was cowardice in the moment, over and over.

Not weakness... cowardice! What do we fear??? Why not just take the pain! Apparently everyone says it is really worth it to quit.

Fear of emotions, that is why we keep smoking.

I made a poem about the bad aspects of marijuana in case you still see it as a wonderful and lovely gift to humanity. We forgot how the world works: we abused it so it abused us. Simple.

Look, picture it as a very very strong chemical that has serious consequences that you don't notice for years at a time. Or a stasis pod you never agreed to be put into. Or a drug that ages you really fast! They are all right.

One more thing...

Smoking can give you Alzheimer's. This is because smoke fills your blood where oxygen should be, and it takes 12 hours for all the carbon monoxide in your blood to return to normal levels so you can reoxygenate. This means that you are slowly starving your brain of oxygen, which causes brain damage and the symptoms of Alzheimer's.

So what are you more afraid of:

The pain of learning emotional regulation for a little while?

...or your wife covering the mirrors up because you think you are 21 when you are 75 and you scream when you see your reflection. When she tries to help, you scream louder because you do not recognize her, every day until you mercifully die.

And you are remembered as a burden whom graciously and finally, died.

For real,

E

p.s. - we can quit together!

Posted: January 14, 2016, 9:52 AM
Edge:thanks,a very deep read..worst thing is i know the bulk off stories out there with health and brain,,white matter etc etc,..but still im hooked,,nearly evryone i know who have given up in the past,.end up back on it sooner or later,.i was healthy up until 15 yrs ago,.when i had a fit in my sleep,.tests etc.,found an avm in my brain.,i mentioned my weed habit to the dr.,but beleive it or not he said i shouldnt stop because that might be helping keep any fits at bay untill my op...well i had it.,took it out....but the fits became worse through scar tissue..iv not been bad last 3 years or so...its just my son thats my only stress i could see dragging me back...chemo for two years,non worked so in limbo..So mr weed(or mrs) has an excuse to come knockking on my door...i used to grow my own untl the police came because off a dodgy filter...so iv been buying off the street....im smoking half oz in 4-5 days...100-120 a go depending on the strain....OMG...i could go on for hours,.worst is i aint no weaklins, i used to ride 50 miles at weekend cross country,..but iv been so lethargic last year iv been no where...like i read somewhere on this site off someone tearing there hair out and put on loopy pills from dr being advised to go back on it and cut there losses...im falling into that bracket...you prob know more about my life than most closest...hahah what a joke this is,coz im smokin as i type...pathetic.
Edge

Posted: January 15, 2016, 1:25 AM
Quite a small bit of weed once in a while is not a problem.
Using it heavily and frequently, that is the issue.
In health and life, when toking heavily you will develop sluggishness.
There is no better time than the present, and ultimately no convenient time to quit a habit.

Why not just reduce how much you smoke?
Every day try and hold out a little longer at any time you might smoke.
Even a few minutes of saying no can become a half an hour and then hours.
Daily victories that become frequenter will get easier and feed your willpower and confidence.

One small step at a time to reprogram our very plasticine brains.
There is always hope, we can change so much once we get a little momentum going and then stay on our own asses.

We got this,

E

Posted: January 15, 2016, 9:39 AM
For an addict, one small bit of weed is opening the door to failure (again).

For a true alcoholic/addict abstinence is the answer.
A true alcoholic will never drink "moderately" and if he tries he will soon be drunk again.
If a true addict thinks they can use "recreationally" they will soon be overwhelmed.
We have to get that simple fact and embrace it as the truth that it is.

Another simple truth that I had to come to grips with was the fact that my thinking was defective and distorted ... that my best thinking and logic was what ended me up in a pickle.
I painted myself into a corner repeatedly as I tried to figure a way out.

I had to learn to take direction, to follow someone who had found a way out.
I had to follow a proven program of recovery, not make one up as I went along

I can't recover if I decide to fight harder following my flawed thinking.
I began to recover when I truly admitted defeat and became teachable.
I began to recover when I surrendered.
I began to recover when I hit bottom and was truly, undoubtedly defeated

All the best.

Bob R

--------------------
Serenity Prayer
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.

Free copy of AA's Big Book on-line: http://www.aa.org/pages/en_US/alcoh...olics-anonymous

Free copy of NA's Big Book on-line:
Copy & Paste coastalcarolinaarea.org/literature/books/b_t.pdf

AA's HOW IT WORKS:
Copy & paste www.aa.org/assets/en_US/p-10_howitworks.pdf

NA's HOW IT WORKS:
http://www.na.org/admin/include/spa...0it%20Works.pdf

----------------------------------------------------------------

--- driven by a hundred forms of fear, self-delusion, self-seeking, and self-pity.

---there are those too who suffer from grave emotional and mental disorders but many of them do recover if they have the capacity to be honest.

... I need AA more than it needs me.

--- I fight recovery tooth and nail....
I'm not used to being sane, it just doesn't seem natural.

...... According to the great spiritual teachers, ignorance does not result from what we don’t know; ignorance results from what we think we do know.

---Some think that 2+2=5 and believe it.
Some know that 2+2=4 and can't stand it.

--- I didn't have a very happy childhood
but I sure am having a long one !

---Dry since 1989
working daily on getting/staying SOBER.

---If you want to drink, that's your business
...If you want to quit, that's AA's business.

... Tell me, I'll forget;
... Show me, I'll remember;
... Engage me, I'll understand.

---Most problems are psychological.
Most solutions are spiritual .

"If we try to change our ego with the help of our ego, we only have a better-disguised ego."
--Richard Rohr

WWBWD (What Would Bill W. Do)
Edge

Posted: January 21, 2016, 10:39 AM
papa bear: http://www.addictionrecoveryguide.o...rd/?act=SF&f=15
post replypost new topic