post replypost new topic
18 Year Meth Addiction
PLJH

Posted: September 8, 2016, 2:39 PM
I have been using meth for at least 18 years, started out snorting it and now I smoke it. I have injected it but smoking is my deal. I have been thru all the bulls*** that goes with using meth and I have managed to stay quite healthy as I sleep and eat and take my vitamins. I am almost 50 yrs old and I do not live the meth lifestyle anymore, I work and keep my house and if you met me you would never guess that I am a meth user. My problem is I need the crap to function, if I dont have a little dope to smoke everyday then I have no drive or desire to do anything, and this problem does not go away with a couple weeks of sleeping and eating and coming down. I went for 11 months with no crank, I forced myself to get up and do something every day, yard work, a walk, excercise, and I never got my drive back,it is as if i have fried that part of my brain and I am not happy or positive or nice and I just do not care. Dopamine, right? my brain does not produce it anymore and I dont know what the hell to do. do i need to be medicated? is there a medication they can give meth users like me? or am i just going to one day quit or die and i will just never find pleasure in anything and spend my life in bed pissed off? Maintnance speed freak needs advice!!

Posted: September 8, 2016, 5:03 PM
Have you attended NA meetings?

--------------------
Serenity Prayer
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.

Free copy of AA's Big Book on-line: http://www.aa.org/pages/en_US/alcoh...olics-anonymous

Free copy of NA's Big Book on-line:
Copy & Paste coastalcarolinaarea.org/literature/books/b_t.pdf

AA's HOW IT WORKS:
Copy & paste www.aa.org/assets/en_US/p-10_howitworks.pdf

NA's HOW IT WORKS:
http://www.na.org/admin/include/spa...0it%20Works.pdf

----------------------------------------------------------------

--- driven by a hundred forms of fear, self-delusion, self-seeking, and self-pity.

---there are those too who suffer from grave emotional and mental disorders but many of them do recover if they have the capacity to be honest.

... I need AA more than it needs me.

--- I fight recovery tooth and nail....
I'm not used to being sane, it just doesn't seem natural.

...... According to the great spiritual teachers, ignorance does not result from what we don’t know; ignorance results from what we think we do know.

---Some think that 2+2=5 and believe it.
Some know that 2+2=4 and can't stand it.

--- I didn't have a very happy childhood
but I sure am having a long one !

---Dry since 1989
working daily on getting/staying SOBER.

---If you want to drink, that's your business
...If you want to quit, that's AA's business.

... Tell me, I'll forget;
... Show me, I'll remember;
... Engage me, I'll understand.

---Most problems are psychological.
Most solutions are spiritual .

"If we try to change our ego with the help of our ego, we only have a better-disguised ego."
--Richard Rohr

WWBWD (What Would Bill W. Do)
PLJH

Posted: September 9, 2016, 10:31 AM
Yes I have bee to many NA meetings.I think it is great that NA and AA help people and support addicts but I have my issues with the program and if you do the research you will see NA's success rate is somewhere like 6% so that discourages me and i find meetings just kind of upset and annoy me plus i am in a real small town and there are no NA meetings here.
post replypost new topic