post replypost new topic
19-25

Posted: May 17, 2017, 12:07 AM
Hello everyone....-i have been addicted to roxys when i was 19-20 years old doing them recreational then that slowy became to everyday...when i was 20 i think i was introduced to heroin which was a lot cheper and easier to get and have been doing that to this day now and im 25....i have been through many lows bc it makes me very depressed when i am not on it and i hate myself bc i continue to use it...i am prescribed suboxone but i still go through bad cold sweats..i pretty much take the suboxone when im not using so i dont withdrawal but im ready to quit and im so scared, im scared to tell my parents everything and scared to honeslty live life im going to start day 1 tomorrow and i have read many posts here and want to know other peoples story as of why i made a username i know i can do thi but i want to here what other people say and been thru...i want my life back and i wat my brain back im mostly just scared of pretty much everything of being an adult and failing and anyones story and support would be very much grateful as i go thru this journey...thanks you......JJ

Posted: May 17, 2017, 5:28 AM
Hi bud. Good on ya. Your so young which can be a good thing. Apparently it's easier to quit when your younger and you take this life experience with you to grow. 5 years of using and your parents don't know? Maybe you can detox without them knowing. Don't beat yourself up its all in the past. No more worrying or stress or guilt. Nothing we can do about yesterday so try to focus positive thoughts cause it's not going to be easy. Don't let any drug steal years of your life anymore. Especially those good years when your young. Keep updating.

Posted: May 21, 2017, 12:21 PM
I have no story about this but don't worry, you can reach your goal. By the way, your story is very different and feeling very sad heared this. I want that you get rid of the problem and suggest you that share your story to your parent.

Posted: May 22, 2017, 12:59 AM
Hey guys... my wife and i have been addicted to heroin for about a year and a half now. i just went to detox for 5 days and had the weight lifted of my shoulders thinking I GOT THIS. but now im back on the f***ing train again. I am feeling absolutely wrecked. i cant quit. i cant stop. this is killing me. I am starting and IOP with a group called Luna. I went to the 1st meeting and thought i was on the right patch that was last Thursday. I got paid Friday. Now im back on the train to hell. I fell so down i cant seem to get myself to go to an AA or NA meeting because i dont wanna go. I need help. How do i motivate myself to get there. I am sorry if i am bombarding someone else's blog or post but i dont know where else to go or what else to do. My wife and I enable each other and it kills me to see her going thru the same s*** that i do. I thought that by getting myself into the IOP would like instantly fix me. But it seems its made it worse. I am going to continue to go to this group but i am going to need more help when im not at these meetings. Do any of you know what i can do. where to start. HOW TO GET MY BRAIN TO STOP OBSESSING ABOUT HEROIN. I'm sitting here balling writing this message because i feel so helpless to this drug. It's become a necessity and i need help. Please someone give me some advice. if any of you have been a sponsor or something. i live in Houston and would love to get in contact with you. Im dying for help.

Thanks for reading. If i need to post on a different forum please let me know!

Posted: May 22, 2017, 9:17 AM
http://americanaddictioncenters.org...roin-treatment/

addiction and withdrawal are deeply physical and mental. it is hard to separate them. Once you are past withdrawal, the mental is hard to overcome. think about it this way - how many years have you been mentally and physically in the addiction.. how long do you think it will take to undo and retrain your brain and body. every day - all day - is a trigger. you have to understand what is going on in your body and mind in order to successfully change your life. undo the daily patterns...
like a wagon wheel stuck in a rut, it keeps slipping back into the rut....

everything in nature takes the easiest path... but that path may not be the best path...
running water takes the path of least resistance. if you dont want the water running into your basement, you need to divert the water.

Posted: May 23, 2017, 8:58 PM
Adam Keep reading posts on here and there are online AA meetings you can look up. I think you did well going through detox. You need to celebrate little victories and as you go along they will become big victories. One hour,one day all adds up. Find ways to keep your mind busy. You should get a sponsor to help you. Is your wife still using? Two wrongs don't make a right.Can you go to a doctor to get help also? Picture in your head you being clean a year from now by taking it one day at a time. You can do it. Read success stories on the message boards here of people who have made it. You can be one of them. Just get through today and then tomorrow we'll work at getting through that tomorrow.

Posted: May 29, 2017, 9:24 AM
and hes gone..sad

Posted: June 3, 2017, 4:45 PM
Getting clean is hard...staying clean is a whole different game...its one second at a time sometimes. ..you can't be with your partner while your shaking off the dope God...and im not talking about the rattle...it takes a long a** time afterwards to get your head in a place where your comfortable again...it's a process...work a program ..iop...do what you can....and take it slow.
kadwake23

Posted: June 13, 2017, 3:56 PM
Adam,
It sounds like you are back in full blown addiction again. Maybe you should go to a long term treatment center that also offers detox (most treatment centers do) and stay there for 30 or 90 days. Sometimes short term treatment or detox do not work for us and we need more help and there's no shame in that. Also never be ashamed of relapsing and not wanting to go to a meeting because of it. Always remember the only requirement for membership is the desire to stop using. Take care and I wish you well on your journey.

Posted: June 26, 2017, 7:58 PM
Hey guys im back....im currently on day 7 today but im taking suboxone 6mg a day and clonzapin i think its called (anxiety medicine) i have been litterally done nothing the best 7 days as i feel very depressed and not have any interest in anything which is making me want to go back to using but im trying to stay strong bc i want to get off heroin and then off suboxone next asap....i am going to my sub doctor tomorrow to talk to him about my options bc i dont want to go back and i know the depression and boredom is a lot of the reason why i used....i would love your guys support and what you did to get you through the day or make the days not seem like years to make this process go faster......thank you and good luck to everyone

Posted: June 26, 2017, 8:11 PM
http://www.smartrecovery.org/

online support group

keep researching, keep positive, set small goals, support each other

adamd

Posted: July 16, 2017, 6:56 PM
Hey guys,

I forgot i even posted this! Ive been clean 45 days now with only 1 relapse. My wife and i are doing very well. I have a sponsor, and im still going to IOP. Keep praying for us!

THANKS!
post replypost new topic