post replypost new topic
First Steps

Posted: June 15, 2013, 4:27 PM
Hello all I stumbled onto this website a few days ago and have been reading the message board non stop ever since. I owe quite a bit to this site already so I decided it was time for me to join and tell my story. I have been addicted to vicodine for just over 2 years now and I literally can't stand the person I see in the mirror anymore. I hate the person I've become and for ever letting it get to this point. but like I said God showed me this site when I needed it most and let me know that I am not alone in this. that there are other people who know how it feels and what I'm going thru and for that I am thankful. I don't remember the name of the person who posted the message but it gave me the strength to call my wife and tell her about my addiction which she knew about but I constantly denied I had. I have started cutting back considerably because I know I will not be able to go cold Turkey and succeed. this is my first time trying to quit and know I will need all the help and support I can get on this long road to sobriety. please keep me in ur thoughts and prayers.

Posted: June 15, 2013, 8:20 PM
You can do this and we are behind you. Sending prayers

Posted: June 15, 2013, 10:50 PM
Thank u really glad to hear it. I Read ur story today and it was very uplifting and inspiring. After reading several posts today I was thinking of Monday just going all in cold Turkey, anyone have any thoughts? Could always use the advice. thanks

Posted: June 15, 2013, 11:46 PM
Hello Jason...I am one of the older members and though I dont post much as of late I still from time to time read this MB.First and most important..."Good for YOU" for being honest and open.Without that....its just going through the motions of recovery.So I give alot of credit to people can and are open & honest about needing help .

I myself could never just go CT.For me its not an option.However there are those here who have done it and are touching sucess stories.Hopefully some will pop on and give thier input on going cold turkey.

I did want to ask if you have a Dr you are working with?You family DR or the like?Again this is where honesty comes in because alot of people have done very well after talking with thier Dr and explaining.Some Dr will slowly bring your dose down as well as other methods.
Also are you planning on going to any type of support groups? I wont pressure (too much)lol...but I have found out first hand how much support and knowledge is found within some groups......Please keep posting as I remember this board has a way of helping when you think your just....done
MJ

Posted: June 20, 2013, 4:14 AM
i applaud everyone that attempts recovery. i want to know how to gain the strength and courage to make an effort in seeking treatment for the fourth time.

Posted: June 20, 2013, 10:38 AM
You will have to want it more than anything! Good luck!

Posted: June 23, 2013, 10:38 PM
Sorry everyone I took a little vacation not leaving the house lol. I turned my phone off for 5 days so I wouldn't be tempted and I have to say as terrible as it was I am feeling a lot better now thank God. Thank everyone for the support and yes I did have to want it more than anything else, every time I look into my son's eyes it gives an extra boost of confidence. the worst part was def. the first three days and I still have cravings that are not playing around but this time I want it and I am going to get what I want. sobriety

Posted: June 24, 2013, 8:45 AM
Hello Jason and welcome to the board! Great job on making it this far! The physical wd's are the worst the first 3 days but gradually get better after 5-7 days. I am on day 50 today clean off percocet which I abused for 3 years. I know when I was in my early days hearing positive success stories gave me a great deal of hope. So although it was not easy by any means I consider myself a success because I never thought I would make it past the first few weeks when I felt the worst. But here I am and each day gets better and each day I get a renewed sense of accomplishment. So just know you are on the right path and you can succeed and beat this. I am fairly new as well so maybe looking at the older success stories will inspire you as much as they did me. There are lots on here with significant clean time they are the ones who can give you advice of ways to stay clean once you get done detoxing. So good luck and we are here for you!
Sodone

Posted: June 24, 2013, 9:14 AM
Jason, how are you doing?

--------------------
You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you might just find you get what you need :-)

Posted: June 24, 2013, 10:41 PM
Hey guys sorry I know its a bit late but I work graveyard so by the time I'm up and going everyone else is getting ready to turn in. Sodone congrats on 50 days clean I can only imagine how hard it was and how great u must feel it was stories like yours that made me wake up and take a long. look at myself. The one thing that is really bothering me us how much I romance the drug lol, its like I know its bad and I have a problem but I literally dream about them. it is really frustrating but I'm trying to look forward and handle it one day at a time. frogeyes I'm doing better today thank u for asking. alright I gotta go work God bless thank everyone for the support.

Posted: June 25, 2013, 8:34 AM
congrats!!!!!
big hugs

--------------------
You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you might just find you get what you need :-)

Posted: June 25, 2013, 9:19 AM
Welcome Jason! Those dreams uggg! That happened to me as well and they seemed so real like I was really doing the action. It will go away with time. Do you have a good support group like NA to help you through the bad times? Keep posting. HUGS!

Jessica

Posted: June 26, 2013, 8:43 AM
hey Jason, How are you doing? Still hanging in there? I had dreams about pills for a while after I quit. It is your addiction trying to trick you into thinking you have to have them...it will stop just push through and be glad it is a dream when you wake and that you are still clean and that is wonderful. hope to see you back here again hope all is well with you.
Sodone

Posted: July 2, 2013, 9:55 AM
hey jason...still out there? we are here for you...
Sodone
post replypost new topic