post replypost new topic
Codeine

Posted: November 30, 2016, 9:19 AM
Hi . I'm 27 years old. And i might have a serious addiction problem . I I've been taking Lenapain for about 4 years. At first for headaches . Then to make me sleep now I'm getting severe headaches . My jaws are sore . I feel like a stuffy feeling in nose and eyes . I can't even sleep properly anymore . My husband gets so upset everytime I go to the pharmacy . I used to take around 8 a day then I cut down . I left work certainly now it's getting worse . I even lost count on how many I'm taking . I wish I could just sleep . Any advice

This post has been edited by Sammy07 on November 30, 2016, 9:23 AM

Posted: November 30, 2016, 10:45 PM
I'm not an addict and I am not a dr. I am a family member. I see no one posted.
My advice would be to taper off the pills. with dr help. idk what your original medical issue was. If it was only headaches, then, now you see that the meds don't work to cure. only to mask the pain and then to give you symptoms you don't want. you might be taking too much which is leading to the headaches. Taper off and as you are tapering, find alternatives to help for the headaches - acupuncture, massage, homeopathy, hot pack or ice pack. I have found good results using homeopathic meds - must see a homeopathic consultant or naturopath, and massage working on the neck and back once a month or every other month. you could try alternating massage and acupuncture once a month.
yoga for stretching, meditation. I know insurance does not pay for this stuff, but I would rather spend $ on being healthy.

It will take time. you can spend time getting healthier or getting sicker. just stopping the pills wont make you healthy. you have to find an alternative that works for you. Also pay attention to diet. healthier foods make you feel better. carbs, gluten, sugar, alcohol, tobacco make you feel worse.

post replypost new topic