< prev  post replypost new topic
No Where To Turn

Posted: February 6, 2017, 11:52 AM
R - I understand the difficulty you are having. You have been mostly clean for a long time, yet still deal w cravings.... It must be frustrating for you. and then frustrating for your sponsors when they suggest and you say you have done that... I do believe that in 16 years you have tried everything suggested!

Look for a homeopath or naturopath who has experience w addictive behavior. You need something to make your body stop the craving (duh-me!-lol) . Either supplements or medication (I know you do not want medication, but there might be something to take only for a two week period to stop the craving thoughts - and break the cycle)

Homeopathic medicine is taken as needed - and builds your immune system up to become healthier over the long term and helps mentally too. Naturopathic uses supplements - not a cure - but can work well temporarily for symptoms. These are slow but steady solutions. I keep thinking you might be deficient in some chemical or mineral - find a dr. who specializes in that kind of work to find deficiencies and give the supplement for that deficiency. This might be a dr of Naturopathy who specializes in homeopathy. Also - There is a new field of Functional Medicine - where the doc does a lot of blood work and tests to find deficiencies. it is really a good way to go, if you want to stay in optimal health for as long as possible into your mature years.

If you have some other chronic illness - it can be keeping your immune system down and causing cravings.

antibiotics keep immune system down and produce symptoms.

Good Luck!

Posted: February 6, 2017, 5:38 PM
I kind of know what you are saying about cravings. when I am bored or tired at work, I think about sweets, and nicotine. my mind goes to thinking about getting donuts or cigs. should I go out at lunch time.... on the way home..... on the way to work.... chocolate and donuts are the easy ones to satisfy. I have quit smoking cigs but after a few months will buy a pack or two. at first I smoke one a day, then two and so on... then after a few weeks I stop..... I get it. It all goes round and round. and you cant eat and drink water and exercise 24 hrs a day! Let us know how things work out for you.

PS - a friend was chain smoking because of stress. hated it. quit that and took up vaping. can purchase organic materials and adjust the nicotine. At least temporarily will stop the cigs and taper off on vaping which can be less toxic.

I read about sugar being cocaine for mice. when given the choice they go for sugar.

maybe we all have habits and cravings etc. nobody's perfect!

Rebozo

Posted: February 7, 2017, 8:34 AM
I do have to make a correction. You say :

" It must be frustrating for you. and then frustrating for your sponsors when they suggest and you say you have done that... "

This has never happened. I usually go through my history with a sponsor, so they know what I have already done. I cannot recall any time when I had to tell them that I already tried something. When they have suggested that I try something again, I usually do.

However, they do keep coming back to the three things I will not do. 1) Leave my career 2) Get a more expensive car 3) Give up my apartment

I have seen these suggestions screw things up for too many people in the program, so they became my line in the sand.

Posted: March 20, 2017, 12:31 AM
I think you should talk with your close someone, it may be your fb, your mom. Talk with them, share your problem, hope you will recover soon.
post replypost new topic