post replypost new topic
Coming Off Suboxone

Posted: August 8, 2010, 10:28 AM
Can anyone tell me how hard it is to come off Suboxone?

I started on 12mg, then went down to 10 then 8 and now I'm on 6mg and the doctor didn't even tell me she was putting me down. I'm worried that I'm not going to be able to cope. Any feedback would be great, thanks.

Sinead x

Posted: August 8, 2010, 4:42 PM
You might want to ask this over on the Pain pills forum...lots of people who are on, or have off, subs.

--------------------
You will not change what you are willing to tolerate.

user posted image

Posted: October 24, 2010, 5:17 AM
I suggest do it through your doctor or medical detox, insurance ran out tried to do it my self and I ended up picking up,,,,,,hated the withdraw......like metadone

Posted: November 15, 2010, 9:39 PM
I've been on sub at least a year & 1/2 , maybe over 2. I was on 8mg 3x a day totaling 24 mg a day. The sub really got my out of what had once again turned into a desparate situation & though in the past I had been on methadone maint several times, I found suboxone a more honest and effective way to get some control on my life & stop using. While on methadone it always seemed that no matter how long I was 'clean' from other drugs, that I always still had one foot in the door. On sub, I was away from the whole scene and attitude & it gave me a good shot at getting clean & healing my brain, or whatever. Now I am at the end of detoxing & I'm going to do a post on pain pills.

--------------------
No matter what right you did or what wrong you didn't do: When you're the black sheep, all blame belongs to you
jack

Posted: February 27, 2011, 2:03 AM
After being hooked on Oxycontin (440 mgs) daily for a year and a half, I detoxed through a medical facility for a week with using inadequate suboxone . After discharge, I needed a doctor to help me continue with the Suboxone Therapy.
I started with 24 mgs daily and now 4 years later, I am finding it very difficult to come off one 8 mg, tablet daily.

I am able at times to go a day without a dose. I am hoping to be completely off b the end of this summer.

Doctors do not realize that one standard procedure is not for everyone. My suffering during detox week 4 years ago would have been much better if I was given adequate Suboxone.
GPEastSide

Posted: January 11, 2015, 10:34 AM
I just started taking Sub (12mg) per day and get sick to my stomach through-out the day. I vomited 3 times in one day and haven't me with my counselor yet. Is this a side-effect?

Posted: February 26, 2015, 6:47 PM
You people are taking insane amounts of Subs daily....crazy.

Posted: March 2, 2015, 2:45 AM
I've had some experience w suboxone. If your on it for maintenance long term, you will have physical symptoms for a decent amount of time after your done, even with a taper. Its still a partial opiate, so you will never get away from the s***ty w.d feelings. But if detoxing and you do a 4-5 quick detox taper, you'll reduce the long term physical part.

Now with coping. That comes with therapy, NA/AA, and/or some other professional help. After doing so many drugs, its nearly impossible to use our brains to make good/logical decisions. Gets better, but different, everyday. The meetings is a nice layout for how we can sort of re-train the brain to live and not use, but you gotta go all in.

One day at a time keep posting
post replypost new topic