< prev  next >  post replypost new topic
I Can't Stop Smoking Marijuana!!
dcp

Posted: August 17, 2015, 3:54 PM
Hello I have been smoking weed for 25-30 years, and I really need to quit, because of health reasons, but I have been smoking so long I cant do it, need help bad, what should I do? thanks dcp
Mdm

Posted: August 26, 2015, 9:03 PM
Hi.
Seems there hasn't been activity here for a while. The thread has been quite encouraging, though. Anyway's since im here... Starting my journey today. I've tried to quit a couple of times in the last 3 years but ive always relapsed.
I shall try and chronicle my journey here everyday for people to see what it is like to have marijuana run your life and how hard/easy it is to quit. Wish me luck.
Lola

Posted: August 27, 2015, 9:19 PM
I'm in the same boat as everyone else! I've been smoking for about 11 years, off and on, but mostly on. Been trying to quit in the past couple years and have found it a struggle. High anxiety, feel on edge, feel like I'm nicer when I'm smoking and helps my creativity. I'm actually very productive and active when I'm smoking, but I do become more anti-social and have struggled with not being able to not smoke before inappropriate times (like my professional job or even giving a speech or having a meeting). I'm a Christian and I feel that God wants me to quit because he has much better plans for me. I have tried to justify it and justify it, but ultimately I know I want to be free from it.

It has been very refreshing and comforting to me to find this message board and see people's posts that sound so much like what I'm experiencing.

I am fortunate that over the past year or so I have been using just a tiny bit. I would buy only tiny amounts at a time, I bought 1 or 1/2 gram at a time off a friend. And then if I got a sudden feeling like "no! don't smoke! you need to stop!" I would just throw it away and it didn't feel like I was wasting tons of money. Plus, if I didn't get the urge to throw it away, at least it would run out quickly! I would use a one hitter or even a potato or apple and just smoke a tiny bit and then move on to whatever else I was doing. Just enough to numb a little of the anxiety or depression. I would imagine that going from that to nothing would be much easier than going cold turkey from doing bong rips all day every day.

I think the most important thing is to keep your head up, love yourself, forgive yourself, be nice to yourself and have positive beliefs about the future. I've also been working out regularly, praying and watching lots of funny comedies. They also say surrounding yourself with lots of supportive, non-smoking people is good.
steve

Posted: September 3, 2015, 5:34 PM
hello i need to stop smoking .i,ve been to jail for growing the s***. but continue to smoke .how stupied a .just can't as of yet .need to

Posted: September 3, 2015, 6:43 PM
Stop smoking....

If you can't then get to NA like millions of others do. They'll help you.

All the best.

Bob R

--------------------
Serenity Prayer
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.

Free copy of AA's Big Book on-line: http://www.aa.org/pages/en_US/alcoh...olics-anonymous

Free copy of NA's Big Book on-line:
Copy & Paste coastalcarolinaarea.org/literature/books/b_t.pdf

AA's HOW IT WORKS:
Copy & paste www.aa.org/assets/en_US/p-10_howitworks.pdf

NA's HOW IT WORKS:
http://www.na.org/admin/include/spa...0it%20Works.pdf

----------------------------------------------------------------

--- driven by a hundred forms of fear, self-delusion, self-seeking, and self-pity.

---there are those too who suffer from grave emotional and mental disorders but many of them do recover if they have the capacity to be honest.

... I need AA more than it needs me.

--- I fight recovery tooth and nail....
I'm not used to being sane, it just doesn't seem natural.

...... According to the great spiritual teachers, ignorance does not result from what we don’t know; ignorance results from what we think we do know.

---Some think that 2+2=5 and believe it.
Some know that 2+2=4 and can't stand it.

--- I didn't have a very happy childhood
but I sure am having a long one !

---Dry since 1989
working daily on getting/staying SOBER.

---If you want to drink, that's your business
...If you want to quit, that's AA's business.

... Tell me, I'll forget;
... Show me, I'll remember;
... Engage me, I'll understand.

---Most problems are psychological.
Most solutions are spiritual .

"If we try to change our ego with the help of our ego, we only have a better-disguised ego."
--Richard Rohr

WWBWD (What Would Bill W. Do)

Posted: September 15, 2015, 5:09 AM
To DAC,
Sounds like your a attention seeker whether it be on here or in your life, synthetic weed as you name it is laced with the scum residue of meth & bleach which gives you a rush No nodding off with hunger kicking in hours later, no hunger with syns its all about staying awake & getting jobs done..Don/'t be fooled thinking its like good ol smoko its the opposite it will haveyou going for weeks. GET OF IT.....Best of luck rory..
amanda

Posted: October 14, 2015, 9:48 PM
I need help to stop smoking weed
Ellie

Posted: October 21, 2015, 10:28 PM
To AMANDA
i was clean for 24 days. And since then i am smoking if i really need some or if someone wants to smoke.( its like 1st day with weed and then for eg 2 or 3 days without) although the first f***ing week was the worst :O After these 24 days it was my bfs birthday and i felt like i needed to smoke so i did) However i got that one best friend and the problem is here that i want to quit but shes not :( and i dunno what to do...

Posted: November 24, 2015, 12:03 AM
hey guys im richie and im 25 yrs old and weed has taken over my life for about ten years now . I have tryed to quit sp many times , but nothing feels the same ! I dnt have much of a social life due to weed so it became kind of a hobbie and friend . I want to quit badly and i need asvice on how and things i can do on my own or with other people to keep myself busy and not smoke
Lorenzo

Posted: November 25, 2015, 5:24 PM
I'm 28 and I have smoked pot almost every single day since I was 16.. weed has been my best friend and it's been relied on as crutch for years, I even smoked when I was pregnant but thank God I did no apparent damage to my child the thought I did it though makes me sick I can't seem to get a grip on smoking. I manage to hold down a decent job and my child and partner want for nothing however weed consumes my every waking moment, for years I was known for my liberal habits and I couldn't of cared less what anyone thought. Now it seems like such a dirty little secret even my partner has said if I carry on smoking he will eventually leave me, my warped mind pushes the limits... I have spent the last 12 months saying this will be the last bag but as I'm writing this I'm thinking gonna smoke what's in front of me and thats it.. I can't rely on the numbness anymore I need to sort my life out..
Shywun

Posted: January 13, 2016, 6:59 AM
Hi guys, so awesome reading all your stories. Thanks for sharing them they are very inspiring. Im soon to be 26 im a girl. ...so i think i am or is it woman now lol ? I've had anxiety my whole life and probably became depressed around 13. I started smoking weed and cigarettes when i was 16 full on, mentally i don't think I've aged much since then. It started out fun now it has completely taken over my life. I can't focus on anything i hate it. Im scared of everything and everyone! I hate everything and find fun in nothing but smoking weed and chain smoking cigarettes!!! but i hate that too. Im writing this high. I want to get help but it's so hard to get help. I make appointments with doctors and never go. I feel hopeless, useless and am negative am the time. But i know i can quit. i just have to do it. I want to because i have no life because of it and physically my body is suffering. I'm just tired, mentally and physically. It felt good to get that off my chest. I feel a little hope after reading your posts and because deep down i really want to do it. I hate these addictions. Hope you are all doing well.
Andre

Posted: May 17, 2016, 6:21 PM
I'm Andre. Right now weed is kind of stopping me from reaching my goals.. I could be getting a job at Ford motor company soon. I also have a girlfriend who is 5 months pregnant im 25 now been smoking since I was 14 the only time I ever stopped is when I was in the juvenile home that was when I was 17.. I want to quit so bad but feels like i can't I smoke at least twice a day.. And always smoke when I get out of work.. I tried to go a day without it but it makes me feel like I can have anxiety attacks if I don't smoke.. I just want to see if I can quit and see how life is without being high like when I was a kid

Posted: July 30, 2016, 6:19 PM
Same trouble, bro

blog

This post has been edited by Alex25 on August 1, 2016, 6:04 AM
Marc

Posted: August 24, 2016, 4:39 PM
this is by far the hardest thing I have tried... been smoking weed since the late 70s and can't quit... the longest period without was 3 days.. by choice.. not by choice was 1 month.. I guess my next step is asking for help...at 55 yrs old I cannot go much longer without quiting... don't want to die from it...help seems so far away...quit cigarettes on my own after 30 years..why can't I stop weed like I did smokes cold turkey...plus where I moved to its more money and can't afford it. ...yet somehow I do....wish I could stop now
PFM

Posted: September 6, 2016, 12:42 PM
Is anyone still out there for me? In so deep, I need help.
Marc

Posted: September 10, 2016, 7:30 PM
Yeah im here...
Maxwell

Posted: November 11, 2016, 12:14 AM
Hi my name is max and I'm 14

I've been smoking weed for a year now and what used to be a once in a while thing turned into a twice a day thing. I have lied to my parents so much that they dont trust any word I say any more. My grades have went from A's and B' s to straight F' s. I read all the messages on this chat and I really want to quit. I want to go to NA but I just mentally can't accept the fact that I'm addicted. All I do everyday when I'm not at school is play video games and watch movies while high. I have been hanging out with 17 year old dropouts that have no form of smarts and I'm really starting to think that I will soon be as dumb as them. I'm not one of those kids that smokes to be cool or from peer pressure. I smoke because I simply don't like myself when I'm sober. I'm very antisocial and have zero relation ship skills. But when I'm high, talking to girls just comes naturally. I have stolen so much money from my parents and other family members and I don't know how I can't feel one little bit of guilt. Bottom line is, I really want to make a change in my life and get back on track but weed just follows me everywhere. Everyone at school knows I smoke and thinks of me as a low life good for nothing pot head. As much as I love that sweet sweet mj I know that giving it up is the best thing I could do. I'm probably not gonna get an answer to this because it's so old but if anyone is going through what I am and needs a person to talk to just as I do. Than kik me or snap chat me

Max_Michelson19
DON

Posted: December 13, 2016, 10:24 PM
Hey i know this is a very old discussion but I was just reading through it and it really helped.. I'm 17 years old, in grade 12 trying to get into university and trying to have a life ahead of me. for the passed 2 months I have been coming home from school and smoking 2-5 bowls every night. For the passed 3 weeks I have been so disappointed in myself because I've never touched a drug in my life and I've gone through a lot of really bad s**t in my life that I don't really wanna share. I have moved high schools every single year and it's really hard for me because I'm really not confident and I'm really bad at making friends. Last night my parents found out about how I smoked (and they are very against drugs) so I really feel like s**t and I'm so disappointed in myself.. I really want to stop, like so bad.. but the urge is literally killing me, and yes I know I've only been doing it consistently for about 2 months while a lot of people on here have been doing it for years, but I'm still struggling so much and I can't imagine how everybody else felt.. I have a lot of problems in my life so it's very hard for me to break a habit that made me feel happy for once.. I have depression, anxiety, ADHD, OCD etc.. so smoking really helps to basically take a vacation from my crazy mind every night. It has also made me lie to my girlfriend about how often I smoke because she worries about me and if she knew how much I smoked, she would be so disappointed in me. and it really doesn't help that we're in a long distance relationship so smoking helps me cope with that too.. If anyone has some advice for me or just wants to say something nice I would really appreciate it, little things like that mean the world to me. Thank you for reading my little story and i hope to hear back from a couple people :)

Posted: December 15, 2016, 5:59 PM
Don,

Good for you buddy. You realize there is a problem. I'm 56 days without a drink or a bet. It's been the most difficult to say goodbye to weed because I was using it as a medication for my anxiety and I thought for my depression. I'm currently in intensive outpatient therapy with a emphasis on my gambling addiction. I see a therapist one on one, once a week and attend group therapy meetings as often as possible. This week I've made three (Yay me! Better than the zero I was doing for a couple weeks). It's all about spiritual progress not spiritual perfection. I am coming to terms with my addiction to weed. I also found out from my therapist that the weed is not helping my depression, rather making it worse. So, damn! there's that.... Here's the thing. I started out going to University of Oregon my freshman year of college from a biggest little city in the world. So, I had big dreams. I made it into the college of my dreams....I was off to a fresh start. I did well until I found alcohol. Some to the thanks of my long distance boyfriend some thanks to the mere college atmosphere I was thrust into without any supervision. I was 3,000 miles from my family and anyone I knew. I had to make new friends. Alcohol made it easier to feel sexy and flirty and all that...trying to get male attention.

Long story short I found both of my biggest vices that year....weed and alcohol. Although I put down weed after the first time trying it with not much interest until months if not years after the first experience. I used it then as a social thing. It was the "cool" thing....

Then I began a new relationship with someone who smoked every day all day. This quickly became my routine.

Once breaking from that relationship I could take it or leave it for a period of time but I knew I enjoyed it. Fast forward to the last year and a half it's been a daily thing again. It's not really been an issue...or at least at the time. I had a job.... now that I'm looking for a job again due to the unfortunate event of the company I left my long standing job for, sold. Grrrr, that's totally separate but has definitely been one of the triggers to smoke more.

Stress of not having a job makes me want to smoke. The flip side....I can't get back into a good job until I quit.... get my system clean. I'm on a path of being 100% honest with myself and others.... If I were to attempt to get a job the old way (fake test) I would feel guilty and really know that God would not bless something that I got through deception.

There in lie my conundrum. I need to quit....I want to quit so that I can have an EVEN MORE clear head about things as I see it does cloud my judgment and my thoughts. Alcohol is gone. Weed was my hangover cure....anti depressant....now that I don't have hangovers and that I hear that it's not helping my depression I basically have the bottom line. I love to smoke, I love the smell of it...although as a child I despised it.

Inner struggle....inner battle....life is a battle. They say pick your battles.... this is the next one I'm picking. This and smoking cigarettes. Smoking D day is Christmas 2016....

I will no longer inhale any substance that is not prescribed by my doctor and I will not seek out a RX for CBD.

Hopefully, Don, my blabbing (kind of to myself) will help you in some way. I just know how lost I feel and how lost you must feel being I have a few years on you. You can do this buddy.....you really can. If I can quit gambling and drinking for 56 days straight....you can do this. I have faith in you. I will pray for you!

[[[[Hugs]]]]
Shy

Posted: November 23, 2017, 8:45 PM
How is everybody doing, i have gotten a little better i finally started doing some counselling and understanding why i do the things ido and feel the way i do. Cognitive behavioural therapy is the best way to change your thinking. It enables you then to change your habits. Give it a go guys i am mentally in a better place !
post replypost new topic