< prev  post replypost new topic
I Need Advice Now

Posted: February 9, 2019, 8:53 PM
Lollee - thanks for pointing out the 'bad' link I posted above. I must have landed on good information to share but the link I posted does not look informative. It just looks like an ad for rehab.... not my intention.... sorry about that.... thanks for catching it....

Posted: February 12, 2019, 5:00 AM
Thanks again for the kind words.
I found out my uncle when he passed away left an inheritance not tons but good to get me back on my feet. However i had my sister open a bank account with me and it will go there she said she would send money whe I need it. I tell ya I am nervous I’m so used to jumping fast grass is greener on the other side. But I am sticking to my plan if I don’t I’m at rick and or gonna end up white knuccling it. It’s far to soon to get money right now so it will be locked up. I’m just glad it didn’t come when I first started my sober journey. I am very grateful for the words of wisdom. Thx to that I’ve been putting more things in perspective.
And I really hope everyone here is doing ok. I may start going to NA meetings or smart recovery. I’ve been to so many treatment centres and detox’s I felt going to a meeting will make me think about it too often. But I know it will eventually be get easier. Cross my fingers.
My daughter just told me last week she’s transgender I wish I had handled that better and I don’t mean I gave her a hard time about it. It’s ok as long she’s happy however I got very upset she told me by text. I talked to a couple people they pu that into perspective as well and apologized huge I was just thrown off.
Thanks again guys
I’m glad we got this place.
Mandy

Posted: February 12, 2019, 11:31 PM
Mandy good to hear from you again. You should be very proud of yourself and I'm happy things are going so well for you. You sound good. Please keep us updated if it's not too much trouble. You give me hope for my daughter...thank you so much.

Posted: February 20, 2019, 1:09 AM
I’m very greatfull for all comforting comments.

I feel the her and I are getting along a lot better then my first post. I do believe she was keeping me at a distance was everything evry but said her. I’m not sure I mentioned this new but of info. She told me via text message that she is transgender. I’m not in anyway against it. I do think she’s still to young to commit if that’s the right thing to say. I’m a sense I’m glad she’s a fellas and fells like she’s a boy I think it would be very difficult to be male to female. Back on topic tho when she told me by text I got upset. It didn’t take long for me to apologize like crazy but I East just angry she didn’t tell me In person or a phone call, until a good friend said text is a lot easier to do by text or note we all did it that way at some point in our lives. But she told me and that’s huge step. All I can do is support her with this I’m able to keep her comfortable with telling me things and not freaking out. Not sure how to overall take it I’m not against it but could it be that she is a Tom boy aposed to trans. Either way I’m here I might now like things she does but I lover more then anything as long as she know that I’m fine with anything she tells me. Thanks for listening to my babbling u guys are all fantastic. I do give good “advice” aswell if anyone needs it
Thanks again guys
post replypost new topic