< prev  next >  post replypost new topic
Food Addiction?

Posted: June 23, 2008, 6:05 PM
There's always tomorrow M&M. I blew it yesterday as well because we went away for the weekend. Today was a little better but I haven't exercised since Friday. I plan to get back on my plan this week. It felt good seeing a little bit of that bloat go away & I want more of that!

--------------------
For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

I am a recovering codependent, and mother of a recently relapsed drug and alcohol addicted (20 year addiction) adult daughter.

Thinking we are in control of anything or anyone else but ourselves is an illusion. And actually we have very little control over what happens to us as well. What will happen will happen. So let go & let God. This is my path to serenity. What happens if we just let go of what we "think" we are controlling? The world keeps on turning and life goes on. I trust that the Lord Jesus will bring me through what He brings me to.

Take what you need & leave the rest.

I sometimes have bad days. That's ok, I used to have bad years.

The Serenity Prayer:

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Jesus loves us.

LAFFStore

Posted: June 23, 2008, 7:36 PM
Hey girls, I am sorry I didn't have a chance to read the board til today. My husband has been around and can't type without his being over my shoulder. LAC I am sorry to hear about your kitty, I know how sad you must be but I guess the best thing to remember is she is in no more pain. We lost three of our horse foals this year two within a week and then one I doctored for two months and then had to have him put to sleep. I keep thinking the last two years have been horrible with babies, guess thought maybe it was the horrible life we were living. The first two were sad but the last one was so very sad, I took care of him everyday sometimes 4-5 times a night and he would get better than go backwards. There was 3-4 times I thought when I came in the morning he would of died thru the night and he would be up nursing and dang that hope was back. His mom stepped on his back leg when he was three days old. She did the same thing to her foal last year but she ended up being okay, I sold her last week, I can't take it, too much work, money and too sad when the end choice has to be made.
Well today is my birthday!!! Big deal, I thought a big fattening piece of cake, a huge dish of ice cream, then I decided I would eat a salad for lunch. I have been doing very well so I guess I will stay on that track.
The weight watchers is a very good diet, really not a diet per say but more about servings and good versus bad things to eat. You are able to eat out but not fast food and not alot of junk food. You are still able to have sweets and pizza and some good stuff but the key is moderation. You can get on the internet and explore about it, I went to meetings several years ago with a bunch from work, and my mom is going to meetings now so I was able to get updated. There is a formula on how to figure how many pts you get a day, I get 19- and then the next key is to eat all 19 pts each day. If you go under or over you will not see the progress as eating 19 a day. Most veggies are free and can be eaten whenever. I think corn is pts, but like broccoli, cukes, onions, tomatoes are all free. Most fruits are 1-2 pts depending on servings. A banana is 2- a cup of mushmellon is one, pineapple is one for a cup and I think strawberries are one for a cup. I eat Aunt Millies 12 grain bread, high in fiber 1 pt per slice of bread. Most regualar bread is 2 pts per slice but it is mostly air and light not real filling. I eat spray butter on my bread so for breakfast a cup of fruit and two pieces of toast is 3 pts and I am full. The healty choice, lean cuisine and there is one more frozen dinners that have your pts on the box, I eat them for lunch or dinner or sometimes both, too lazy to cook and keep tract of pts- 94%fat free micro popcorn- 1 pt for the whole bag, use as a snack and sometimes thru the day eat the whole bag. Coffee, water, diet pop all free, sugar free jello free,
I actually eat more on ww than normally but it is what I eat and not how much. Have to stay clear of cheese, lots of pts for not very much, ranch dressing, high in pts, so that healthy salad you were eating usually was more than just eating a meal at McDonalds. Alot of the subway sandwiches, no cheese and no dressing unless vinegar are 5-6 pts. Applebees and alot of that type of restuarants have a ww menu now with the pts figured.
My mom stays on it all week than on Sunday they like to eat out after church so she then doesn't count pts and she has lost 20 pounds and has maintained her pounds off for over 8 months and even had hip replacement surgery in that time where she had no exercise.
I think the key is a life change, quantity and not convenience that we all so get wrapped up in due to work, life and yes stress.
Stress!!! why couldn't I of been one of those that doesn't eat when stressed no I had to be one that eats and eats and eats....
Oh well S is gone this evening til Wednesday so that should relieve a little of that stress!!!
Well have a nice evening ladies, I know it is almost over, where did the day go? I have wasted the last 21 years of my life, guess I need to figure out what I am doing and get busy before the next 21 are gone- I always thought age was just a number- by the looks of my gray hairs, wrinkles and my bulging stomach I would say once again I was wrong!!! If you can't laugh about aging what else is there to laugh at!!!
Sherri

Posted: June 23, 2008, 9:43 PM
I was always hungry on WW, even with 19-20 points...I am a big protein hound and always have been since I was a kid. I feel full when I eat plenty of protein and veggies and I also take amino acids and whey protein. Well, school's out, so it's easier to plan and eat right...I'll let you know how it goes.

--------------------
You will not change what you are willing to tolerate.

user posted image

Posted: June 24, 2008, 8:51 PM
I always think I'm hungry, then I read that real hunger is when my stomach is growling, not just appetite.

I was so tempted today to just pig out because I'm so sad about my kitty but I didn't. Ate alot of vegetables instead.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHERRI!!!!!!

--------------------
For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

I am a recovering codependent, and mother of a recently relapsed drug and alcohol addicted (20 year addiction) adult daughter.

Thinking we are in control of anything or anyone else but ourselves is an illusion. And actually we have very little control over what happens to us as well. What will happen will happen. So let go & let God. This is my path to serenity. What happens if we just let go of what we "think" we are controlling? The world keeps on turning and life goes on. I trust that the Lord Jesus will bring me through what He brings me to.

The Serenity Prayer:

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Jesus loves us.

LAFFStore
distressed wife

Posted: June 25, 2008, 4:40 PM
Well that is progress, veggies over chocolate or a ton of pasta???? I think I over eat due to stress but I think some of it is in my head also. I have horrible eating habits, I can go all day without eating and honestly not really be hungry. Then I get a few spare minutes to think and it is like darn I haven't eaten I am starved, but truely am not. I have worked real late the last couple of nights so dinner has been a left over quickly and then I fall asleep on the couch.
They always say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, I do better if I don't eat breakfast. If I eat it seems I eat all day and am hungry all day.
I have tried to drink more water since Saturday. Always drank diet coke, tons of it and no other beverages, well I bought that sugar free stuff you add to your water for flavor, have actually been replacing 5 cans of pop for 5 bottles of flavored water, has to be better for me. 0 pts in ww also.
Well today is rainy and dreary, perfect for a good book and a bunch of junk food, thank goodness I am broke and need to work!!!
S is gone, will be back tonight, I spent 4 hours yesturday on the internet advertising horses, boy will he be surprised when I sell all of them!! I am on a mission, or at least I am trying to be...
Hope you are feeling better today, and thanks for the bday wish, comes a point it is just another day, unless you get to walk to a lyle lovett concert!!!! kidding, have a great afternoon. sherri

Posted: June 28, 2008, 5:43 PM
How's it going ladies? I am hit or miss these days. Trying hard. But still tending to stuff with food my sad feelings about my cat....

--------------------

The Serenity Prayer:

Jesus loves us.

LAFFStore

Posted: June 28, 2008, 11:43 PM
All's well here...five days on the Fat Flush which is the perfect food plan for me. I am feeling much better, lighter. It's quite rigorous and restrictive, but I am never hungry on it and have no cravings for sweets or salts. Tomorrow I make dinner for my best friend and her husband for her birthday and I was just looking through my recipes for a menu that is reasonable and tasty. I'll let you know what I decide on...

Happy birthday, Sherri-baby...hope it was all about you~M&M

--------------------

user posted image

Posted: June 29, 2008, 9:42 AM
M&M can you post the Flush Fat diet or is it online? Maybe that is something I could try.

--------------------

The Serenity Prayer:

Jesus loves us.

LAFFStore

Posted: June 29, 2008, 10:25 AM
It's a bit too complex to post with supplements and food lists, etc, but the book is worth the buying. I've also noticed that when anything other than recipes gets posted it disappears rather quickly, so she must have a lot of folks working for her to search out illegal posts of her copyrighted material...I couldn't find it when I looked so I bought the book and refer to it often, so it's good to have.

--------------------

user posted image

Posted: June 29, 2008, 3:55 PM
M&M - So it's called Fat Flush, & who is the author?

How did the dinner go & what did you have?

This post has been edited by lightacandle on June 29, 2008, 9:34 PM

--------------------

The Serenity Prayer:

Jesus loves us.

LAFFStore
distressed wife

Posted: June 30, 2008, 9:43 AM
I have been bad, bad and BAD!!! I haven't been sleeping well, so I know what that is, but when I wake up I am hungry, constantly!!!
I swore to myself yesturday that I wouldn't eat a bunch of junk, well that lasted til about 2- I went to church, mowed the lawn, did barn work and then went to the grocery. All is fine, not hungry then when I get home the fight starts, well that was the end of that, I ate the rest of the day and night and was up all night!!!
I try, I really do and I just ignore his rudeness, but that isn't good enough for him on and on he goes. Then starts on my family, and it makes me so damn mad, so then we go off on this screaming tirad for an hour, he accuses me of stealing him blind, I accuse him of spending all of our money on drugs, he tells me to go get a job, he threatens me with an attorney, going to press charges against my brother because he loaned me a bunch of money and I put a horse in his name to ensure he gets his money!!! He calls names, I call names, so stupid-
He is gone for two days, finally calls, acts like all is fine then never comes to the farm on Sat- I go home and there he lays in the chair, unshaven, dirty cloths all over, peanuts all over the floor. I didn't say a word, I went to the back bedroom and stayed all evening. My house but I have to go to another room!!!! Sunday he is still there, didn't clean up a dang thing, I go to church, mow while he lays there... He is tired from working at his house! Whatever.
I told him for the life of me I would be so ashamed if I treated anyone the way he does me. I do all the mowing, home and the farm, all the chores, cook, clean while he does nothing. He works one or two days a week- Well Sept looks like it will be sooner than it really will.
Well off of this, this is food, I am eating dry popcorn, I can't keep eating all this junk.
So mnm- what was the menu? sherri

Posted: June 30, 2008, 11:12 AM
Fat Flush is Ann Louise Gittleman and after going off yesterday for my friend's birthday dinner I felt bloated, so I am right back on today.

Menu:
-Halibut and Sea Scallops smothered with tomatoes, s***akes and scallions with a sesame-ginger-soy marinade
-sweet brown rice in miso
-corn on the cob and garden asparagus
-arugula salad from the garden with avocado and gorgonzola
-fresh berries with whipped cream, chopped hazelnuts, and demerarra sugar

Our garden is producing like crazy already - asparagus, arugula, lbeans, ettuces, zucchini, raspberries, blackberries, bluberries (in a couple of weeks)...next up tomatoes, cukes, peppers and eggplant....mmmmmm

This post has been edited by MomNMore on June 30, 2008, 11:14 AM

--------------------

user posted image

Posted: June 30, 2008, 12:17 PM
Sounds so good... you are quite the chef. I wish I had a garden with all those vegetables -- I would eat them all up so fast.

I wish there was a solution for the bloatedness after eating good stuff like broccoli & brussel sprouts... I guess it comes with the territory.

I have been bad & good but when bad not as bad as before so I guess that's progress.

Sherri, when are you going to throw out this bum? I'm sorry, but I can't believe you allow yourself to continue this bullsh*t with him. Throw him out!!!! Like you said it's YOUR house.

--------------------

The Serenity Prayer:

Jesus loves us.

LAFFStore
distressed wife

Posted: June 30, 2008, 12:21 PM
Well I guess I must be a picky eater, the only thing I could eat off of todays menu is the berries and whipped cream and maybe the brown rice- I don't care for fish, hate asparagus, not real keen on corn-
Probably have never tasted half of the stuff so maybe that is it? I don't remember ever seeing any of that in the frozen food section of the grocery? I will wait til the next round of garden veggies, must be the Hoosier in me? have a great day, sherri

Posted: June 30, 2008, 5:20 PM
Really bummed....

The scale isn't moving.... wth ????

I am consuming WWWAAAAYYYY less calories than before. Sucks.

I don't even want to tell you what I just ate.

--------------------

The Serenity Prayer:

Jesus loves us.

LAFFStore
distressed wife

Posted: June 30, 2008, 6:59 PM
LAC- I know it is so discouraging. I try to not weigh myself, I try to judge the way a piece of clothing fits from week to week.
Keep up the good work, one day you will weigh yourself and you will of lost several pounds, think positive.
Now is confession, what did you eat?

I wanted to share this with you, I am not much of a water drinker but am up to 5 bottles a day!!! I am not sure that is 5 bottles replacing the diet coke or in addition to but besides the point. I bought the light powder flavoring for the water, boy is the lemonade and the strawberry/kiwi good-
I also want to complain just a minute!! Yesturday in the grocery store, everything I went to pick up that said, light, sugar free or fat free is twice the price of all the other foods. Sugar free jello, .96 cents a box, now how in the world can a couple oz of powder cost that? It is a rip off!!! I spent 148.00 on groceries and bought fruits, veggies, and very little meat and not much junk- That is my grip for today, guess I am getting better!!!
Well home I go, dinner is steamed veggies, grilled chicken breast and for dessert I made strawberry jello with fresh strawberries in it and cool whip!!! No junk today!!!
Be kind to yourself, tommorrow will be better, sherri

Posted: June 30, 2008, 9:29 PM
I ate more than 1 (I won't tell you how many) pig in a blanket (cheese hot dog with a crescent roll) !!!!! I'm soooo glad I have NO sweets in the house because they would be GONE too.

I mean how much steamed broccoli can one person eat ????? A whole package is only like 60 calories!!!!! And I don't put anything on it except salt substitute and PAM !!!! My mother & grandaughter lose 5 lbs from BREATHING & I sweat my as* off & eat like a rabbit for what???? AARRRGGGHHH

I just need to see 1 lb down, it's been almost a month I mean COME ON!!!! I would say it's my age (55) but my mother is 88 !!!!!

Sherri I know what you mean about the prices -- it's so ridiculous.

This post has been edited by lightacandle on June 30, 2008, 9:34 PM

--------------------

The Serenity Prayer:

Jesus loves us.

LAFFStore

Posted: June 30, 2008, 10:21 PM
Sherri, we couldn't live without fish...this close to the ocean it's always fresh and delicious and it's so good for you.

You need more clean protein and fewer toxic carbs. Steamed broccoli is not going to satisfy you and protein helps your body burn fat and function more efficiently. When you're hungry eat some protein - eggs, chicken breasts, lean steak - it'll fill you up for a good long time and give you something to burn, otherwise your body is just going to store fat thinking it's being starved...sounds like this is where you're at.

Also, try milk thistle, black currant (also called GLA), and GTF chromium for digestive assistance when modifying your diet.

--------------------

user posted image

Posted: July 1, 2008, 8:06 AM
I'll try to eat more protein but I really don't like red meat. I do like chicken.

I'm not saying all I eat is broccoli but when I am wanting to snack that is what I reach for, steamed veggies. I eat chicken, I eat small quantities of lean beaf occasionally - I do fry that though but drain it - I eat eggs but what about the cholesterol? I know I know, don't eat the yoke. YUK!!!!! if I don't eat what I like I won't make it. Believe me I am not starving. I have just cut back alot. I have just always had a very hard time losing weight. I'm so mad at myself that I let it get up there, I've really never been overweight in my entire life except when pregnant until the last 5 years. I was never skinny nor do I want to be or can be but just right. I can remember that commercial years ago "can you pinch an inch?" and I never understood that because I never could. Well I sure can now!!!!!

Bloated today from all the sodium yesterday.... UGH. My own fault. I'll try to get back on track today.... ****sigh****

What did I eat that has toxic carbs besides the pigs in a blanket?

This post has been edited by lightacandle on July 1, 2008, 8:07 AM

--------------------

The Serenity Prayer:

Jesus loves us.

LAFFStore

Posted: July 12, 2008, 8:20 PM
Well I've lost 15 lbs since the middle of June! Not bad. It finally started coming off. I think I lost 5 this past week because of the stress. At least something positive came out of it. Still trying really hard & want to lose 25 more.

--------------------

The Serenity Prayer:

Jesus loves us.

LAFFStore
post replypost new topic