post replypost new topic
Codeine

Posted: May 9, 2016, 12:44 PM
I am 3 days in going cold turkey from Codeine. I took 28+ 30mg pills each day. 60mg if ordered online. Today is the worst. How can it get any better. I want to die! I'm freezing (it's warm outside). I keep having to go upstairs to cry. Touch wood the restless legs haven't been bad. This is the 4th time I have gone through this in 16 years. It is taking me everything I've got to not go buy OTC and do a cold water extraction. I've lost my job because of this. Working in Pharmacy was probably not a good idea, but I was clean for ages and thought I could ignore it. I yearn for that warm opiate hug. It doesn't get better. I am filled with rage today. I could literally rip my hair out.

Posted: May 9, 2016, 1:57 PM
What you're feeling is going to pass. Just try to get thru a few days. Get some Imodium and chamomile tea. Find a good book for something to take your mind off how you feel. A few days of hell is worth it to get to the other side. Good luck to you. You are strong enough to do this.

--------------------

१२ स्तैप्पैर!

kat11100@comcast.net

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you;
that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
Mark Twain

Just because the monkey's off your back doesn't mean the circus has left town

Laugh because it shows people that you have what they want and what they need: a hope in things unseen, a peace that passes understanding, and a God of miracles who also has a great sense of humor.

Posted: May 9, 2016, 2:11 PM
Thankyou. I'm racked with guilt. I have Imodium and am drinking gallons. I've had a red hot shower which has helped. I am a mother and I feel terrible that I let this addiction get me again. It's like it wants me and won't let go until I give in. Doctors need to look at their prescribing rituals, I saw one 2 weeks ago who said this is rare! Rare?! Never done cold turkey before properly. I've weaned. I don't want to wean. Tomorrow is day 4. Fingers crossed.

Posted: May 9, 2016, 5:42 PM
Getting clean/sober is hard. Staying clean/sober is very hard.

Since 1989 I work my AA/NA program and attend meetings regularly.
So far, so good.

We are never "cured" so I don't wander too far from my "treatment".

All the best.

Bob R

--------------------
Serenity Prayer
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.

Free copy of AA's Big Book on-line: http://www.aa.org/pages/en_US/alcoh...olics-anonymous

Free copy of NA's Big Book on-line:
Copy & Paste coastalcarolinaarea.org/literature/books/b_t.pdf

AA's HOW IT WORKS:
Copy & paste www.aa.org/assets/en_US/p-10_howitworks.pdf

NA's HOW IT WORKS:
http://www.na.org/admin/include/spa...0it%20Works.pdf

----------------------------------------------------------------

--- driven by a hundred forms of fear, self-delusion, self-seeking, and self-pity.

---there are those too who suffer from grave emotional and mental disorders but many of them do recover if they have the capacity to be honest.

... I need AA more than it needs me.

--- I fight recovery tooth and nail....
I'm not used to being sane, it just doesn't seem natural.

...... According to the great spiritual teachers, ignorance does not result from what we don’t know; ignorance results from what we think we do know.

---Some think that 2+2=5 and believe it.
Some know that 2+2=4 and can't stand it.

--- I didn't have a very happy childhood
but I sure am having a long one !

---Dry since 1989
working daily on getting/staying SOBER.

---If you want to drink, that's your business
...If you want to quit, that's AA's business.

... Tell me, I'll forget;
... Show me, I'll remember;
... Engage me, I'll understand.

---Most problems are psychological.
Most solutions are spiritual .

"If we try to change our ego with the help of our ego, we only have a better-disguised ego."
--Richard Rohr

WWBWD (What Would Bill W. Do)

Posted: May 10, 2016, 3:23 PM
Hi freeatlast

I completely understand what is happening to you, I was in the same position with codeine (700-800mgs) per day! I went cold turkey 3 times and I am never going back. It is the most terrible thing to go through, but please stay strong the awful depression and anxiety will eventually go and you will be back to normal. Its 2 weeks of hell but it will be worth it. I know every hour seems like a day. But hang in there and it will get better. I feel for you, you are not alone. Good luck and keep posting. Nick xx

Posted: May 10, 2016, 6:24 PM
hello

Posted: May 10, 2016, 6:49 PM
Thankyou. I feel a bit better today. Never again will I touch the stuff!
post replypost new topic