post replypost new topic
Feeling Helpless

Posted: May 22, 2016, 9:51 AM
Until about 30 minutes ago, I heard my son in his room, starting withdrawl. Vomiting, leg muscles twitching so he's kicked the wall several times. Had chills. I've gone in to put a new liner in the waste basket, take away what he's purged. Brought him water. He doesn't want soup, crackers or tea. He ate an orange to hydrate. I think it came right back up. This is killing me. I went through it with him before. We have a call into the detox/rehab he attended a year ago. It's hard because it's the weekend. He's settled down some now, maybe he'll sleep? I keep praying it won't be so bad this time because he has not been using long and has been snorting, not a needle. He was clean for a year. Says he was only doing "a little" and snorting - I think because he was afraid he could OD if he used as he did previously? My husband went grocery shopping so I could stay home and be watchful. God forbid, he should choke on vomit? When he gets home, maybe I'll suggest a shower (dad can help him better than mom can, son is tall and strong). I had what I guess was an anxiety attack last night. I never did fall completely asleep so I gave up and came downstairs to the couch. (Son's room is on same floor as living room, I'm sure being upstairs and unable to hear him if he called out or needed help, also kept me from sleeping.) Laying on the couch I could feel adrenalin (sp?) rushing in my body, heart pounding. I had to do deep breaths, hold, exhale just to calm down. Son actually slept most of the night. That's good he had some rest because today is going to be tough. I'm sorry I'm posting so much, when I just found this last night! But it helps just to put the words in print. A little.
post replypost new topic