post replypost new topic
Road To Recovery

Posted: January 26, 2017, 11:56 AM
so recently i have came to the realisation that i need help and that living the life of using and pretending to myself that everything is ok, watching my money fall away always being broke.

i have spoken to a few people about different options and have recently started with the 12 steps does anyone have any advice about what to expect from this.

i am so tired of the life i am leading i want a change..

Posted: January 26, 2017, 5:04 PM
What to expect from the 12 steps?

Nothing.
Everything!

What are you willing to put into it? ....Words aka;BS, then that's what you will get. are you willing to apply the steps fully and completely in your life? if so, life beyond your wildest dreams. It's true, I have done it. Don't believe these words, there's more. See the/my thread recoveredcrackhead@yahoo.com (yes it's my e-mail) I started the thread before I got clean, searching for answers. It took time, hard work and some pain, but it was worth
You get what you give in life. I'd like to get love, compassion and understanding. I'm still working on giving it, I suppose I always will be. But what I have received so far makes me believe it's the right thing to do.

Be Well,
Larry

--------------------
All gods send their drunks to AA

My story.. https://www.addictionrecoveryguide.o...ST&f=16&t=63644

Posted: January 27, 2017, 10:38 AM
i defiantly want to give up the drugs...

there are different ways and i am open to all i am currently 9 days clean.

Posted: January 31, 2017, 6:40 PM
Glad to hear about the 9 days, hope by now it's 12 or more.

I will take your response as a reluctance to do the steps fully and without
reservation. That's fine. I have heard of other methods, I have not met anyone
that was as twisted as I was that used them successfully, including me. I tried them all to no avail. S.M.A.R.T., S.O.S., AVERT, and Rational Recovery. I liked them, I could relate and understand them, but I always went back to crack. Funny how in the big book of AA it states
the program is for those in whom nothing else has worked. That was me. If you have the time and strength do your own experimenting. If death is behind the next door...well, you've been warned.

Be well,
Larry

--------------------
All gods send their drunks to AA

My story.. https://www.addictionrecoveryguide.o...ST&f=16&t=63644

Posted: March 29, 2017, 11:19 AM
Great story Tommy G 3 yrs seems to be a big turning point for lots of people to get better . Goodluck with the rest of your recovery , 100 is on the way
post replypost new topic