post replypost new topic
Pets

Posted: February 2, 2019, 8:22 AM
I just wanted to share about my daughter's pet. He's an adorable small dog and she's had him since he was a puppy. He's 9 yrs old now. She is so close to her dog and he is to her. They really adore each other and have a very close bond. Whenever she would go off to treatment I would keep him for her (and I loved having him). I hated to see him go but as soon as he would see her he totally forgot about me. She found a really good treatment center and she has to go to detox first at a detox hospital. The people she's been in contact with along with a letter from her Dr about the emotional support her dog is to her, the detox center and the rehab center are allowing her to bring her dog! I'm so happy for her. I think her pet is important to her well being. If you have a pet story please share.

Posted: February 2, 2019, 11:01 AM
That is awesome!!!

Posted: February 2, 2019, 8:23 PM
Haven’t really got a pet story but in know they say pets are really good for recovery and therapy, we’ve always had pet dogs, but last few years we haven’t, I suggested my son to get one, he said he had thought about it, but was a commitment and don’t think he was ready for it, who knows. There was a really good book about a heroine addict? a cat befriended him, It was called A street cat called bob, helped the addict he got clean,

Posted: February 2, 2019, 8:40 PM
Thank you for sharing about the book sad eyes. My daughter says "her dog keeps her alive". I think a pet can be really helpful. Its unconditional love and companionship plus responsibility. I know in nursing homes the residents perk up when they bring a dog in. I grew up on a farm and I love animals and we always had pets too. I'm going to look for the book to read.

Posted: February 2, 2019, 10:30 PM
Nice! I really do think our addicted loved ones can have the right support and treatment - IF they look for it and Want to be in Recovery.

Posted: February 3, 2019, 12:57 PM
Sallyanna - I'm so happy to hear they're letting her bring her pet with her! We have a dog so we understand how important the relationship is. That's GREAT news.
post replypost new topic