post replypost new topic
Symptoms Of New Quitter....really???

Posted: July 13, 2014, 7:57 AM
Hi, I'm glad I found this site. For most of my life I've been a social smoker and (thank you God) have NEVER been a drinker. About two years ago I started smoking daily, basically every four hours I would have to go have a bowl. I would get up early to smoke and stay up late so I could have 'just one more'.

I always heard that weed was not really addicting and that there were no symptoms of withdrawal. Ya, right!

So I stopped smoking cold turkey on July 1, 2014. I got really sick, projectile vomiting and really constant nausea. I thought I had gotten some kind food poisoning. But its been two weeks and I still - digestion wise - feel like (excuse the pun) crap.

I've never heard of PAWS, but was reading around on this site and learned about it. So has anyone else had digestive, nausea, no appetite issues? What is the deal?

I am happy to say, however that I am already so happy that I don't HAVE TO go out and smoke every four hours or so. And that goes with all the mental stuff I would have to do to find the time and take care of smells - so others couldn't know. What an incredible amount of mental space weed was taking up in my life.

I'm happy that I've found this site. Thanks for commenting. And does anyone know WHY there is such a digestive issue with quitting weed?
WBequette

Posted: July 31, 2014, 4:00 PM
I can't speak for myself because whenever I quit drugs I'm usually
on something much stronger then pot so I come to expect
physical withdraw.

It seems like alot of other people reacted the same way when they
quit cold turkey judging by some of the other posts on this board
about it.

I truly wish you the best and hope you stick with it. It's not the drugs
calling us back, it's our brains calling us to the drugs.

Put your brain in jail for awhile.

post replypost new topic