post replypost new topic
Spine Disease And Methadone
joe

Posted: July 1, 2017, 4:10 PM
*** Please do not post personal contact information. thank you, the moderators ***

My name is Joe I've diagnosed with chronic pain due to spinal degenerative disease and a few other spinal disorders that I don't want to fill this chat up with. Bottom line is I should be in a wheelchair but I'm not. My MRIs are so beat up a 14-year-old could read them. Now let me get to the point I was taking 33 mg of methadone. Because I am five classes away from being a certified drug and alcohol counselor I have to get away from the stigma of the methadone clinic. My doctor gave me 90 mg extended release of morphine. Is there anyone out there in a similar situation? That would be question number one question number two is even with not kicking with it on cold turkey like I know some of you do and I have all the respect for that but please understand I have a severe spinal disease. Please understand I am diagnosed with chronic pain.
Again my point is I am sick as a dog and it's only six days when will this ever end? You know the typical can't sleep not hungry if I do eat it comes out in water form.

Thank you

This post has been edited by moderator on July 2, 2017, 10:49 AM

Posted: July 3, 2017, 5:26 AM
I find it odd that you need to get away from the "stigma" of methadone to be a counselor. Is that your personal feeling or someone else's?

The reason I ask is because any drug and alcohol counselor SHOULD know that methadoen is the gold standard for treating opioid addiction! It is the counselors on the front line who are responsible for trying to eliminate this stigma!

Also, why would it be a "stigma" if you aare taking it for chronic pain? I am guessing you are at a clinic because a dose of 33mgs is only possible with liquid dispensed in a clinic. Why are you at a clinic instead of at a pain clinic or doctor?

All forms of recovery are valid. Do your best to eliminate a stigma that should not exist anyway!

This post has been edited by lolleedee on July 3, 2017, 5:27 AM
post replypost new topic