post replypost new topic
This Past Year And Then Some......

Posted: March 16, 2006, 12:39 AM
I wish I could totally tell me entire story here.........the uphill road that I so often fell to knees on and cried for hours............the days of pure sunshine which only meant that God was smiling down on me giving me all of the love that I needed for one summer afternoon..........or the quite times when I just sat and thought about how many people I have hurt and betrayed in my life... and then asking for forgiveness from both my soul and my spirit..........I wish I could tell my entire story here......

But my story is no different then the next addict who suffers the pain of addiction only to find themselves one day at the end of a very short rope......The end of my rope began in July of 2004 and I am so grateful and blessed to have 20 months of sobriety behind me. In front of me is only tomorrow and each day still is and always will be "one day at a time" When I first became clean I came to this site each and everyday.....sometimes each hour of each day.........I took what I needed and when I was able to, I gave back what I learned and started to know myself........

Thank you for reading my post...........I am blessed to be alive and sober today and only have my HP to thank for the wonders which have been shown to me.

God bless,

Rus........an addict with 20 months and still grateful.....

--------------------
starbarks4u@gmail.com
The joy we seek lies less in something new happening and more in our opening our hearts more fully to the love in our lives already. Only love can make us happy, and only we ourselves can determine its presence or absence inside our hearts. To acknowledge love is to increase its capacity to heal us; to ignore love is to let it slip away.

- Marianne Williamson,
�Illuminated Prayers"

www.Transformations.comuser posted image

Posted: March 16, 2006, 4:14 AM
Hi Rus,

As you know we have never met, BUT I'm really proud of you! Well done.

you have courage in your heart & a life worth living and you are going after it even as hard as it has been, there is much strength in your actions.

Stay strong & I wish you all the best!

--------------------
There is always chance of a new start!

Posted: March 17, 2006, 9:05 AM
Excellent post Rus.....when we celebrate we often forget those times when we broke down, and prayed, and cried....I'm proud of you....thanks for sharing that with us....you're giving back too is so important....good for you.

Posted: March 17, 2006, 9:59 PM
Thank you both for your kind words! Many blessings to you...........

Hugs, Rus.....

--------------------
starbarks4u@gmail.com
The joy we seek lies less in something new happening and more in our opening our hearts more fully to the love in our lives already. Only love can make us happy, and only we ourselves can determine its presence or absence inside our hearts. To acknowledge love is to increase its capacity to heal us; to ignore love is to let it slip away.

- Marianne Williamson,
�Illuminated Prayers"

Posted: July 23, 2006, 11:57 PM
I hate this disease but am glad for the miracles that it has brought me........one of them being you Rus.

You'll always be a hero in my book.

I love you and haven't said that enough lately.

Here's hoping you read this.

Love,

Sharon

This post has been edited by S h a r o n on July 23, 2006, 11:57 PM

--------------------
DO NOT START WITH ME.
YOU WILL NOT WIN

Knowledge speaks but Wisdom listens---Jimi Hendrix

Posted: July 26, 2006, 5:55 AM
Dear Sharon.................I have no idea why I read what you wrote this morning but I am so glad that I did............I honestly forgot that I posted here when this topic first opened..........Thank you! This past July 10th marked my 2 year recovery birthday............I have only the grace of God to thank for the past 2 years. If there was any time that I needed the excuse to start using again during this past year trust me there were plenty of chances and excuses............I kept reminding myself that on top of all that has happened, I would sink even deeper into the abyss by picking up drugs again..........No, I needed a complete sober mind to tackle what was ahead of me this past year..........and speaking of "Heros", Sharon you have always been my inspiration from day one when I found this site! Thank you.....

much love, Rus

--------------------
starbarks4u@gmail.com

- Marianne Williamson,
�Illuminated Prayers"

post replypost new topic