post replypost new topic

Posted: April 1, 2020, 10:34 AM
65 days. One day at a time. I just dont watch the news anymore. I will read something credible and then just let that digest. I have been pretty calm-Im so surprised. I learned how to trust this feeling in Alanon. Just trust the calm when it comes. Its been valuable. The old me would have been suspicious and then wigged out because I was calm. Sounds odd but its true.
I have been sleeping well still. Another complete odd turn of events. I love it I can face the day better when I am rested. So today I am meeting a sponsee (respectin social distance & meeting outside) its supposed to be in the 60s here today so we will meet on campus outdoors. Then I have a Zoom meeting tonight after work. I did an alanon zoom meeting last night. Im at work today especially busy because one of my full time workers quit and everyone else is working from home. Busy makes the day go by. My daughter & hubby are working from home. Someone at his office tested positive for COVID. He was out of town last week and the week prior the guy that tested was working from home. He is supposed to quaratine anyway. So he has been sleeping in a another bed I try not to kiss him but we have hugged. Oh.. this thing is wierd one day at a time we will get through it. So glad I quit smoking. 65 days SMober & sober.
Much love & respect, wash your hands, respect social distancing.
Jane

This post has been edited by justjane on April 1, 2020, 10:35 AM

--------------------
My success story

Beliefs have the power to create and the power to destroy.
Human beings have the awesome ability
to take any experience of their lives
and create a meaning that disempowers them
or one that can literally save their lives.

- Anthony Robbins

Sometimes I lay awake at night and wonder where I've gone wrong. Then a little voice inside my head says,
"This is going to take more than one night."

"Ring the bells that still can ring.
Forget your perfect offering.
There is a crack in everything.
That's how the light gets in."
-Leonard Cohen

user posted image
post replypost new topic