post replypost new topic

Posted: May 20, 2011, 6:18 PM
Pretty decent day today. I had a good birthday. My BF (who is an engineer of bridges) Built me the cutest bridge for my flower garden. I am truley blessed, I went to an early meeting. It was great with the topic of "a day at a time" wich is cool. I was scheduled to have drinks with the insurance people after. I confided in the one that I am friends with that I had quit smoking so now wasnt the best time for me to be drinking. Guess what?? She had just quit smoking too! I knew she smoked but what are the odds that we quit at the same time :) the reason that this turned out so well for me was, that I also decided to stop drinking for a while :) Not forever but just for today. So I told her I couldnt drink while I was quitting smoking. She completely understood and I was relieved. I guess the program works if you work it ?? Coincidence.. I THINK NOT! I am still in disbelief. Im headed to the commuter meeting in a minute. I may just have to share. :)

--------------------
My success story

Beliefs have the power to create and the power to destroy.
Human beings have the awesome ability
to take any experience of their lives
and create a meaning that disempowers them
or one that can literally save their lives.

- Anthony Robbins

Sometimes I lay awake at night and wonder where I've gone wrong. Then a little voice inside my head says,
"This is going to take more than one night."

"Ring the bells that still can ring.
Forget your perfect offering.
There is a crack in everything.
That's how the light gets in."
-Leonard Cohen

user posted image

Posted: March 25, 2020, 11:59 AM
57. I needed to hear this good memory of my now husband engineer. I am still smoke free. Ive been self isolating. Work & Home no extra activities. Hitting lots of AA Zoom meetings. I've actually loved it. I can easily log on. I usually increase my meetings when things are unsettled in my brain so this is what I would normally do only I dont have to expose myself to people. Hit an Al-anon Zoom last night and showed my mom (73) how to do it. So just beyond grateful for the capability. She is pertty tech smart for her age. So thats good thing. The topic what tools have you used to help in this crisis. The alanon tools and AA are perfect for this time int he world. I can't control, didn't cause, and can't cure. First things firts. Easy does it. All the slogans really and no different feeling than when I frantically tried to control other persons in my life. And changed attitudes can aid recovery. A good attitude is always in fashion. It perked me up and I slept like a baby. Its a good day to be SMober, sober, and grateful Alnaon in recovery.
Much love & Respect, Wash yur hands, Keep your distance,
Jane

--------------------
My success story

Beliefs have the power to create and the power to destroy.
Human beings have the awesome ability
to take any experience of their lives
and create a meaning that disempowers them
or one that can literally save their lives.

- Anthony Robbins

Sometimes I lay awake at night and wonder where I've gone wrong. Then a little voice inside my head says,
"This is going to take more than one night."

"Ring the bells that still can ring.
Forget your perfect offering.
There is a crack in everything.
That's how the light gets in."
-Leonard Cohen

user posted image
post replypost new topic