post replypost new topic
29 Days

Posted: April 22, 2011, 10:33 AM
Here I am. I am smoke free just for today. I met my sponsor for a walk last night she gave me a fourth step worksheet. It was a nice walk. She is a good person, very free spirit. Wich is good I don't dig rigidity. She doesn't use God as her HP wich I think is cool. I personally call my HP God. But I don't have a real clear picture and its always morphing from God to the Universe so whatever, that was a tangent. I am glad I went. I am looking forward to working this step and getting it out of the road. Oh BTW my horoscope said I would meet someone who I would know the rest of my life and they would be important friend. (yesterdays horoscope) LOL> Ok onward!
Jane

--------------------
My success story

Beliefs have the power to create and the power to destroy.
Human beings have the awesome ability
to take any experience of their lives
and create a meaning that disempowers them
or one that can literally save their lives.

- Anthony Robbins

Sometimes I lay awake at night and wonder where I've gone wrong. Then a little voice inside my head says,
"This is going to take more than one night."

"Ring the bells that still can ring.
Forget your perfect offering.
There is a crack in everything.
That's how the light gets in."
-Leonard Cohen

user posted image

Posted: February 26, 2020, 11:15 AM
29 days. Here we are. . . again. Well yesterday was good. Went on a run at lunch then met with my sponsor after work. We reviewed the work on step two and chit chatted. It was nice. I dont ever leave feeling like I heard some things I needed to hear (which I miss) but there is something in the process so I will forge ahead. Today is the first day with out that half of 2mg of nic gum. I feel ok. I just wanted it this morning but the craving was not beyond my mental control. I just asked God to relieve the obsession. Life is good and I had some heartfelt gratitude today for no particular reason. Just grateful.
Its kinda funny I look forward to posting here. I can't decide the reason. Maybe its for the flashback maybe its for marking another day off the calendar. This site is dead. It used to be a hotspot and it meant so much to my sobriety/recovery. I have a soft spot for it. Odd to be back and just posting this to the great ether. Feels good to just post from the heart no strings attached. Grateful this site is still here.
Much Love & Respect,
Jane

--------------------
My success story

Beliefs have the power to create and the power to destroy.
Human beings have the awesome ability
to take any experience of their lives
and create a meaning that disempowers them
or one that can literally save their lives.

- Anthony Robbins

Sometimes I lay awake at night and wonder where I've gone wrong. Then a little voice inside my head says,
"This is going to take more than one night."

"Ring the bells that still can ring.
Forget your perfect offering.
There is a crack in everything.
That's how the light gets in."
-Leonard Cohen

user posted image
post replypost new topic