post replypost new topic
Heroin Heartbreak
Janeeyre

Posted: November 5, 2016, 11:10 PM
My story is no different, but that doesn't make it any less painful. My beautiful, smart boyfriend is a full blown heroin addict who lies to me. He has a good family filled with people who love him, but he chooses the high over us all. I'm older than him by 13 years so I expected a level of immaturity in the beginning, but when he confessed to me that he smoked heroin I realized we were from completely different worlds. I would have never pursued this relationship if I had known that he was a junkie. Unfortunately, I fell in love first and then learned the truth about him later. Too late. You see, I'm a school teacher and every fiber of my being says "no! You cannot love this man!" But sadly I do. I'm so weary of the promises, lies and fear. I worry about jeopardizing my morals, integrity and livelihood every single day. But I still love him. It's a horrifying existence. I try to end this relationship monthly, but always end up succumbing to his manipulation and lies. I don't need advice because I know what I need to do. I just needed to vent my heroin heartbreak.

Posted: November 6, 2016, 11:33 AM
I'm so sorry you are going through this. My 21 yr old son is struggles with meth.
He's 3 weeks clean. If you choose to stay with him....out the valuables away and
All money. Find a support group and let him know what is unacceptable.
If he truly wants to be sober he will have to decide ..he is the only one.
You can't fix the situation.
Best of luck!
Hugs
Stay on here....there is so many good people with great advice.
Paula

Posted: November 6, 2016, 11:44 AM
janeeyre--

Welcome to a great group to be in! It is sad that you have fallen in love with someone that is in love with heroin. I thought it was ironic that your name is "jane eyre"-- the story of a woman's quest for love.

You said you just needed to vent and we all do, but sometimes we need advice from those that have walked the walk. You said you know what you need to do and most of us know in our hearts what we need to do as well. The difficulty comes in actually being able to do it!

You are an educated woman and sometimes we find ourselves involved in terrible predicaments, but because we are educated, we know what we must do. I am praying that you can choose wisely and change your path, because as an educated person you know that it will not end well if you continue loving an addict.

Hugs and prayers--Lori

Posted: November 6, 2016, 3:36 PM
Ah apologies to janeeyre - I meant to start a new topic.

Your boyfriend is not your responsibility - put yourself first and get out while you can.

Posted: November 7, 2016, 5:41 AM
You must understand for him most important thing in his life is heroin unfortunately, I do believe he loves you but he loves heroin just little bit more. Heroin is first thing he thinks about in the morning and last thing before sleeping ... been addicted to heroin means you must have it or you are going to be very sick which means until you are sorted out nothing else exist or concern you , any meeting any prior arrangements are nonexistent until you get your hit and you are feeling like human again, everything is on hold even love! You have great life made for yourself it would be shame to see tat spoiled for somebody who right now is not worth it , somebody to whom you are not number 1 but then as ou said yourself you know all this

Posted: November 7, 2016, 10:46 AM
Fidjit, we put your intro post in a new topic called "Fidjit's First Post."

- the moderators

Posted: November 7, 2016, 12:10 PM
I agree with B...it's not about choosing one over the other...it's not about not loving ...it's about trying to stay well and functional. ..the fear of being sick....and unless you've been really dope sick or have watched us detox...that fear isn't something you're gonna get ...ps...how old is he ?

This post has been edited by constantine on November 7, 2016, 12:22 PM
post replypost new topic