post replypost new topic
Parents Need Help , 2 Sons On Drugs

Posted: October 20, 2016, 3:07 AM
Hi I was looking online for any help that parents of drug users could get when I came across this site , I read one mothers post and then joined up . I have 2 sons on drugs one is 31 years old and started talking hash when he was 13 years old then meet his girlfriend , sat in a stair for 5 weeks watching her take heroine then tried it , After that anything and everything, then had a son together , they stayed with me on a care plan until they got clean . They had a fall out she blamed him then put her son in care . Between her mum my family and me we got him back , We gave them until he was 5 years old to get off drugs but they haven't stoped so we still look after him , there los . My son meet someone else she had a problem with drugs but fell pregnant and had a son together she stoped he didn't there son has learning difficulties and has fits , he is 3 years old now she went out last week and didn't go home she was reported missing to police , They found her after 3 days but didn't want to go home or see her son , her sister Took the boy I get him at the weekends to give her a brake she is on her own with 3 kids and now her sisters we boy . That is the story so far about my oldest son . My other son is 30 years old

Posted: October 21, 2016, 10:35 PM
Hello - I think no one posted because your story is so overwhelming. Stop enabling your sons - you don't say if you give money or food or help w anything. Read What Not To Do posting.
and Letter from an addict.. Also purchase a nar-anon book to reinforce what you learn in Nar-Anon and have something to read from every day.

The next step is to rebuild YOUR life the way YOU want it. At nar-anon, the purpose of the family going to a meeting for support is for YOU. for you to get these problems behind you and you live the best you can with out the interruptions or drama or problems your addicted loved one is placing on you.

Start setting boundries. It is OK for you to set down rules and they need to follow them, or leave (you alone)

There's not a lot that you can do for them to help them except keep telling them where THEY can find help - this is too much for you to fix - they need to go to the experts. tell them You love them but you can not live the way they are living.

The goal is to make your life manageable. The hope is that they follow your lead.

post replypost new topic