post replypost new topic
5 Hours Sober/quitting Weed For The First Time

Posted: May 23, 2016, 5:36 PM
I'm 33 years old. I've smoked weed since I was 18. In the beginning, it was recreational, but by my early 20s I was an everyday smoker. For the past two years, I've only vaporized weed, and I felt that I was being proactive and healthy. I'm about to lose my relationship because of laziness and gluttony that I believe I can attribute to marijuana use. I enjoy it so much that I'm almost teary-eyed writing this.
I've waited tables for most of my adult life, and decided to make a better life for myself by returning to school full-time last year. In that past year, I have thrived in my schooling, but failed everywhere else. I quit my job in December and my boyfriend has been supporting me. I need to be looking for a part-time job, but smoking weed makes me lazy and I sit on the couch looking at Facebook for hours. It gives me the munchies, and I make poor food choices, and have gained 30 lbs in 2 years.
My boyfriend and I have had many problems because of my addiction. He smokes too, but he has a great job and is not as overweight as I am. We're still not in a great place, so he's not sure if he's going to quit with me or not. I'm terrified of relapsing because, though I've put it away so it's not in plain sight, the weed is still in the house. My boyfriend wants me to quit completely, and I agree that it is time for me to quit.
I don't have anyone else to ask for support, so that is why I'm online. I'm scared of going to sleep tonight without smoking. I'm scared I won't be able to sleep or eat. I'm mostly scared that I can't do it.
Thanks in advance for any advice and/or kind words.
LilyAna

Posted: May 24, 2016, 12:54 AM
Idk if this real but I feel the same way and I'm about to get a new job I am really looking forward to an I don't want it to be a distraction good luck keep updating

Posted: May 24, 2016, 9:44 AM
"Idk if this is real"

What do you mean by that?

I'm almost 24 hours weed free. Today is a struggle. I was hoping more people would reach out and provide support and advice.

Good luck in your efforts quitting.

Posted: May 25, 2016, 1:15 AM
Update:

It's after 1 am. I'm wide awake and angry about it. I have many reasons for quitting but quitting is now consuming my life and I cannot function. Made the mistake of drinking coffee today and I felt like I was on cocaine in the worst way. This is only my 2nd night without smoking. I hear this gets worse before it gets better. I want to throw things. This f****** sucks 😡😡
post replypost new topic