post replypost new topic
Brain Damage From Meth Use
Icestorm

Posted: March 27, 2015, 1:03 PM
I have always considered myself a recreational drug user. I have occasionally used GHB and mephedrone however the main drug I've used is Crystal Meth. I have used it about 14 times in 3 years. I believe I did overdose one time in April 2014 where it was injected but otherwise it was always smoked. After that overdose, I felt like I was about to go into a coma, having crossed to double vision, faint and lightheaded. I went to hospital to get checked out but no brain scan was performed.

My last use of meth was in January 2015 and after my last use, I continued to work till the end of February. After use I didn't really notice anything different from my previous use. I am now signed off sick and it's been almost two months since my last use. Post sign off from work, I have noted that I am severely disabled in my functional memory and cognitive functions including problem solving, concentration and processing speed and losing my ability to track time, feel confused and dizzy and have blurred vision.

I have seen the GP and psychiatrist and they said this is mainly stressed induced however I do think this is much more sinister than just anxiety creating my physical symptoms. I have also had troubles convincing my GP to give me an MRI scan. I have constantly read recovery stories but have not noted such debilitating symptoms from even people who have used crystal meth for a long time. I keep thinking I have a silent stroke. Has anyone else ever experienced this and does anyone know if the brain can recover from such a shock? Has it improved and what timeline did it take? It's been almost 2 and a half months now and I haven't seen much improvement. I have vowed not to use anymore recreational drugs and just hope I get a second chance.
lonewolf

Posted: May 28, 2015, 7:53 AM
I don't know anyone this happened too, I'm no doctor but I feel you have a serious condition that's not related to drug use, but occurred at the time of you using. Sounds like Leukemia or something similar.

Posted: August 27, 2015, 8:27 AM
Hi ice storm, I am sad to here, recently my close family age 21 involve in ice, I can't explain in what situation we are, as we see her and as Dr said probably it damage her Brian, there is no question, after I heard this about this young girl, I start to find out all about ice, OMG you find out yourself what made of ice, I couldn't believe what a poison mixture is. I don't understand why people put them self? I pray for you and the other young kids who involve on ice, I wish you help yourself to come out of this and you live your life.

Posted: May 7, 2016, 3:06 AM
It causes brain damage. No if ands or buts, I'm sure most of any function loss will come back after time. Heavy users will experience memory loss, drops in I.q., speech impediments, etc, etc. An overdose is lucky to be survived, heart stops or gives out, clots in lungs and brain, stroke, all of which can put you in the dirt. Thank God you are still around and I'm thankful your seeing there is a real cause for concern. In my case the damage done is going to be a lifelong struggle. If I knew than what I can't always remember now! It changes people physically and emotionally and always for the worst. Please take what you know and keep it in the trash where it belongs.
post replypost new topic