post replypost new topic
Need To Kick This Addiction

Posted: February 10, 2018, 5:10 PM
To whoever is out there,

I am 29 and going on 30 this year. I have been addicted to many substances over the last 7 years off and on from cocaine to mdma and now prescription opiods.

My addiction to cocaine and mdma use were done in separate times in my life lasting a year or less and were not hard at all to quit. I do not remember withdrawals from cocaine, and having a full day of seizures coming off an mdma high from taking 40 to 50 hits over a 4 day weekend almost killed me. I have not touched either drug since quitting.

I just wanted to get a back story before diving into my current issue of prescription opiods.

I have been taking pills since my accident that has caused permanent spinal damage in 2013. I was on 30 mgs of Norco per day for a few months and was taken off due to the signs of addiction. I went through withdrawals for about 1 week. They sucked pretty bad but I pulled through. I was off the pills for awhile, but ended up getting back on them 2 years ago through my nerve pain doctor in which I started at 5mg of Norco per day. I never took more and never abused them like I used to for almost a year. Then all of a sudden I fell back into my old habits when an old friend came back home for a while that I used to take pills with.

I started to climb back up yo 30mgs a day of Norco, or oxy, percocet... etc. Whatever was available. Since then I have climbed up to taking on average 70mgs a day (7 - 10mg norcos) OR (8 - 5mg oxy = 40mg a day). I also get prescribed soma which I take 1- 350mg pill per day.

I am having trouble getting back down to 1 pill total per day let alone only taking 5 a day. I am in pain, but sometimes I wonder if I can live a comfortable enough life to not rely on pills anymore. My wife knows I take pills, but I don't know if she knows I take as many as I do a day.

I got.myself into this s***ty situation and I want to get out of it without making it public, and to tape down myself, but it hasn't worked and I keep buying more and failing.

This is the first time I've ever posted about my problem and even made it public to anyone besides myself. I know compared to others who abuse pills, I am on the lower and of dosing mg wise compared to others. I have seen other posts where people are taking hundreds of mgs per day, so please go easy on me. I want to get out of this he'll hole before I get to that point

Posted: February 10, 2018, 5:48 PM
Have you told your doctor what's going on?

--------------------

१२ स्तैप्पैर!

kat11100@comcast.net

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you;
that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
Mark Twain

Just because the monkey's off your back doesn't mean the circus has left town

Laugh because it shows people that you have what they want and what they need: a hope in things unseen, a peace that passes understanding, and a God of miracles who also has a great sense of humor.

Posted: February 20, 2018, 7:21 AM
I have to share this good news with you. I am on my 26th day of quitting MS-CONTIN. I'm a 63 yr old widow who's been diagnosed with a chronic pain disease called Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy or RSD in 2001. It's a rare nerve connective tissue disease & can result in the deformity of a limb or limbs.There's no cure. My Pain Management Dr had me on 4 Norcos & 2 MS- CONTINS a day! Then all this opioids crisis talk got him running scared & when he started closing up other offices, cut me down to half strength Morphine, then told me he wasn't losing his liscense over this, I saw the handwriting on the wall. I had tapered off the Norco for about 8 mos to a yr ago. 26 days ago I went into withdrawals! My friend & I prayed & we both got "go to the smoke shop." She went & told the Vietnamese man I was in withdrawals & brought me back a bottle of a legal substance called KRATOM! I took some & with in 20 to 30 minutes the withdrawals had stopped & I felt fine. My family is amazed & so am I. Plz try it. It will stop your withdrawals! This is really good news! It works. The South East Asians have been using it for hundreds of years for every thing from opium withdrawals to Pain & swelling. It saved my life! Very sincerely, "got good news"

Posted: February 20, 2018, 7:30 AM
P.S I was supposed to go back to my PM Dr today Feb 19, 2018 & I didn't go..I don't need him anymore. I had my records transferred to a PM Dr in my on town who I hope will outfit me with a spinal cord stimulator or the newest thing now called "The Bridge." I hope this new info will help you out! Shalom..
post replypost new topic