post replypost new topic
Day One Of My Decision To Quit Opiates And Cocaine

Posted: December 4, 2014, 1:55 PM
I'm 43. With three children. One is 21 another is 17 and I have a two year old. I went though addiction with my first two. Stopped entered recovery for eight years. And now here I am again with no hope self loathing and feeling as if I have no way out . But I know that recovery starts with me and I can do this. I can feel the serenity the freedom and the hope of being clean again. My children and I deserve better. I'm tired of feeling depressed and not having patience with most things these days. I HAVE HOPE NOW. I'm making myself have it because I know life will be better. I'm going to try my hardest. Like I said. This is day one and I know I can do this. Thank you to all who are listening and all who are posting. I'm reading and getting hope and will stay updated here on my progress. I'm hurting and praying so hard for the peace to come while I try once again to get my life together. I know tolerance is up. I don't even feel the high anymore and I never ever want to go on methadone again. I withdrew from 100 milligrams in jail and it was horrible. It took me almost a year to feel normal again after cold turkey kicking methadone in jail. For 90 days. And it took another year to be normal physically. I can't do that anymore. Thank you all for sharing your experiences and giving me hope.

Posted: December 4, 2014, 7:08 PM
So far so good. I made it through with taking just one today as opposed to the four and five I usually take a day. Still praying still hoping and I know I'll reach that zero a day I'm looking for. I'm a Lil nauseated and no appetite. I know I'll be OK

Posted: January 8, 2015, 7:49 PM
Hi Steph7171,
You took one what, instead of 3 or 4 like you usually do???

granny

--------------------
I NEVER KNEW HOW MUCH LOVE MY HEART COULD HOLD UNTIL SOMEONE CALLED ME GRANDMA.

STOP AND LISTEN TO THE BIRDS SINGING IN THE TREES. WHEN THE BIRDS ARE SINGING EVERYTHING IN LIFE IS OK.[FONT=Courier][FONT=Arial]
Time4chng

Posted: January 14, 2015, 10:25 PM
I am feeling your pain so to speak. I too have decided to quit OxyContin ER due to my horrible life. I have a very bad back and have been seeing a pain management physician for 3 years. At first I was on 3 Lortabs/day which helped for maybe 6 months. Then she suggested adding extended release Lortab which felt great for about a year. When I became tolerant to that she upped the Norco to 10mg 3 x/day with OxyContin ER 5mg 3x/day. I've been on that for almost a year now and I'm sick of my entire life built around if my pills are going to run out and if I can schedule my appt earlier without them getting suspicious. I'm tired of dozing off at work and talking out loud, then trying to make some lame excuse. My irritability. Anger, malaise and withdrawl from all social contact is over. Plus I've gained 50 pounds being on pain meds. I stopped the oxy a week ago but still had my Norco. I gradually tapered off that and have 1 left before my pain management appt tomorrow. The worst feeling is the hot flashes, Anxiety and restlessness. I have mild diarrhea. I want to tell my Doc tomorrow to help me get off this crap. I am concerned about my back pain though. Can I quit on my own? I certainly don't feel the euphoria anymore only the withdrawals so why be on anything? All advice is welcome. Thank you
post replypost new topic