post replypost new topic
Heroin Withdrawl Day 5 C/t
NoHopeinDope

Posted: September 21, 2016, 11:47 AM
Welcome to my post and my story,

So i am officially on day 5 since i have injected heroin into my arm and boy do i feel like s***, better then day 2 though.

First off i guess ill start by how i ended up right here. Im not sure how everyone else but like most of us addicts, i started off snorting half a 30mg oxycodome (Blues/Roxys), and puking my brains out but feeling great. I can remember it like it was yesterday, summer going into 12th grade. I wasnt addicted right away i did it maybetwice a month, it was more of a something to do.. Then i realized you could make serious money w these, i started picking up 100 at a time And thats where it went bad. I had them at my access always and used daily. i eventually stopped selling because it was getting hot. ThEn many dollars later i was broke and thats when i realiEd i had a problem but i always shoved it off because i was 17, and not like most addicts i had beautiful pieces of a**, i would hit the gym after i got straight i alsoi could hide it good. But one day i was introduced to the devil, yes heroin. At first i would sniff 1 bag/ 2 bags be straight for the day. So if your working its easily affordable. But as we all notice our tolerance goes up. Since inwas new to heroin it would f*** me up bad and for that whole summer it was kind of a blur i always pushed back another week to get clean necause i am a strong person and i thought it would be cake.

Lets Fast foward to today. I am 3 days away from my 20th birthday, and i am so sick of this s*** and i cant wait to feel normal again. im comming off a 6 month binge doing about 10 bags a day IV, from NYC so you know its potent but This is the third time i am going through this and i ask myself why did i get high again but i guess its always in the back of my head and once your sober and feeling normal i would say f*** it just 1 more time.I have lost everything, friends, chicks, and i had gotten very skinny Including my face. Sorry for rambling but this is helping pass time. It sucks it took me this long to come to the other side but i think i can say that im almost there. 3 days ago not so much, but i keep reminding myself another day has gone by and i dont have to gonthrough this again. But this is terrible i feel like i am losing my mind. The RLS/No sleep seems to be the worse for me. Smoking weed helps alot ive been taking 2 bong rips every hour to pass the day, but nothing interests me i cant watch TV. ive listened to about EVERY recent Joe Rogan podecast(3 hours long each) and i dont know what to do. I took a week off work so i drive my sister to work in the morning to get out of the house for a little and it helps! I try to workout at home a little to get natural stuff going again.

Anyway sorry for rambling, been looking at forums since i started this hell journey and thought i would make one myself. For anyone going through this like i am. Just know everyday gets better i still feel like s***.i know its hard to say that, i would even believe that myself day 2 staring at the walls the whole day!! I still Have no energy. Diarrhea, RLS, DEPRESSION but not Hopelessness, but i know i made it past the worst, what am i gonna go get high again and start to day1. It is also important YOU have to want to get clean for your own need. Also check out Dylan Lambert on youtube you can just type in "heroin withdrawl day5" watching his videos gives me so much hope seeming he documented his journey and is now over 300 days clean and still makes videos. Anyway i have some question. With someone like a habit like mine, how long did it take for you to feel normal again???. When did you get sleep back??? Even comment your story i woukd love to read it. Also gonna try to hit a meeting but it would be impossible to get lut the house and i feel like i would drag the whole group down. Not sure though i have never went! Thx for reading if you read it all, wish me luck. I am past the worst i cant wait to get my life together!!!

Posted: September 21, 2016, 2:59 PM
About 2 to 3 weeks...sometimes longer to feel physically better depending on length, age and strength of habit....everyone kicks a little different. . ...1st week is the worst...1st 3 to 4 days ...hell...after that...it gets better...its after the kick...when the physical is feeling better when s*** will get hard....get to a NA meeting. .there free...or AA ...your gonna need support ...safe detox dude...and good luck...

ps: you can't bring the group down...everyone there has been where you are. ...go to the meetings...

peace
Con

This post has been edited by constantine on September 21, 2016, 3:31 PM
Nohopeindope

Posted: October 8, 2016, 5:47 PM
Just incase anyone thinks its not going to get better. Please believe a guy like me. I can GLADLY SAY i am still clean today is day 22 going onto 23!!!. It took about 2 weeks to feel no more physical pains and i can gladly say im getting a GOOD 6-8 hours of sleep on the regular. I am also 3 days clean from weed witch amazes me because ive been a heavy smoker since 10th grade with no clean time but trust me weed is a landslipe from dope....Life is great and im so glad i got that devil off my shoulder. But trust me its never over.. i still think about it everyday. Pass old spots i got high at, pharmacys i got my pins at. Bring back high urges, but i wont give in. God is good i have a beautiful chick i gained about 10 pounds. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask. -ED
WarriorQueen

Posted: October 14, 2016, 3:53 PM
I have a post on here going through what I felt everyday. It took me about 2-3wks to feel better going cold turkey. Tbh that first week was a killer but the second week I felt better I was still dragging along though with fatigue , RLS , light chills , stomach problems. I'm so happy your choosing to get clean and stay clean . wishing you the best :)

Posted: October 19, 2016, 2:13 PM
you guys are so brave to go cold turkey and succeed ! You had to be proud of yourself i know I would :) problem with me and being sick is after 20 years of taking heroin on and off and being sick countless times and going cold turkey many times as well i just cant handle that pain anymore, to me it seems my heart will give up so as soon as I feel sweaty and have hair in my throat I panick... i dont know if I am making any sense? Last Time I done cold turkey was Christmas 2009 and had dinner at my dad place , couldnt even sit properly for table and everybody kept asking whats wrong with me and I tried my best to act normal until I vomited turkey and vegetables on living room floor.... all family was worried about me and I felt so guilty for involving them in my s*** , they still dont know anything about my habit they only know about weed. Just thought why to tell them, it will only hurt them anyway to cut story short as I said already you guys are amazing and I hope your onward recovery is painless and positive and hope life brings you only joy
NoHopeInDope

Posted: November 1, 2016, 8:58 PM
Just a update. I am still clean, isnt that crazy..?well for me. Only thing i feel guilty about is i have been drinking everyday. I would say maybe 6-12 beers everynight after work. Can anyvody relate. Im scared s***less over withdrawl. You cant withdrawl from beer could you??

Posted: November 2, 2016, 8:28 AM

Here is NA's HOW IT WORKS:
https://www.na.org/admin/include/spa...0it%20Works.pdf
The last paragraph may help you answer your question.

Good luck
(12 Step recovery isn't "luck", it is the result of commitment and work)

Bob R

--------------------
Serenity Prayer
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.

Free copy of AA's Big Book on-line: http://www.aa.org/pages/en_US/alcoh...olics-anonymous

Free copy of NA's Big Book on-line:
Copy & Paste coastalcarolinaarea.org/literature/books/b_t.pdf

AA's HOW IT WORKS:
Copy & paste www.aa.org/assets/en_US/p-10_howitworks.pdf

NA's HOW IT WORKS:
http://www.na.org/admin/include/spa...0it%20Works.pdf

----------------------------------------------------------------

--- driven by a hundred forms of fear, self-delusion, self-seeking, and self-pity.

---there are those too who suffer from grave emotional and mental disorders but many of them do recover if they have the capacity to be honest.

... I need AA more than it needs me.

--- I fight recovery tooth and nail....
I'm not used to being sane, it just doesn't seem natural.

...... According to the great spiritual teachers, ignorance does not result from what we don’t know; ignorance results from what we think we do know.

---Some think that 2+2=5 and believe it.
Some know that 2+2=4 and can't stand it.

--- I didn't have a very happy childhood
but I sure am having a long one !

---Dry since 1989
working daily on getting/staying SOBER.

---If you want to drink, that's your business
...If you want to quit, that's AA's business.

... Tell me, I'll forget;
... Show me, I'll remember;
... Engage me, I'll understand.

---Most problems are psychological.
Most solutions are spiritual .

"If we try to change our ego with the help of our ego, we only have a better-disguised ego."
--Richard Rohr

WWBWD (What Would Bill W. Do)
Genevieve

Posted: November 24, 2016, 9:32 AM
NoHopeInDope -- fellow opiate addict here. YES, you CAN withdrawal from alcohol, if you haven't figured that out already!!! I saw that your post is a few weeks old and I hope you're still doing alright ... I know first hand how hard it is but just remember, whether you're clean or not, time will still go on ... The sun will still continue to rise and set, so you might as well be clean ... I can also tell you that before I got into opiates, I was a binge drinker and drank every single day at age 18 for almost a year ... That withdrawal was AWFUL -- shakes, sweating, chest pains, vomiting, anxiety, just to name a few symptoms ... I would quit while you're ahead! All you're doing in substituting. You deserve a happy life, darling! Seriously. It's all just going to get worse if you keep it up with the alcohol now, too. I know how hard it is, especially once you get through the physical opiate detox ... You almost forget how badly you felt and think you can pick up again "just once" ... That's how absolutely *EVERY* relapse started for me ... As they say in AA//NA: "One is too many and a thousand, never enough." Always remember that ... You will never be able to fill that void with any substance or drink; that's something you have to seek medical help to diagnose in order to begin the healing process of filling it ... I hope you're still doing well and if you need anything at all, please don't hesitate to let one of us know! All the best xx
post replypost new topic