post replypost new topic
Come And Post On Our New Methadone Site!!!!!!!

Posted: October 17, 2011, 12:24 AM
Hey all you heroin and opiate addicts!!!!!!! WELCOME!!!!!!!

I asked for this site to be added so addicts,their friends,families and loved ones can learn about Methadone as one of the available treatments for heroin addiction. In the past and today still unfortunately methadone is said to be a horrible drug for those fighting opiate addiction. It is one of the most studied drugs humans have ever ingested. The real kicker????
IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I WOULD LIKE TO SAY RIGHT NOW. IF ANYONE WOULD LIKE TO ADD SOMETHING TO THIS SITE REGARDING METHADONE OR SUBOXONE TREATMENT,PLEASE DO YOUR RESEARCH BEFORE SUBMIITING YOUR OPINION. WE ARE LOOKING TO DISPEL THE MANY MYTHS,THE STIGMAS AND THE INCORRECT,FABRICATED,WIVES TALES NONSENSE THAT HAVE ACCOMPANIED METHADONE TREATMENT THROUGHOUT THE YEARS. IT NEEDS TO STOP.UNLESS YOU HAVE TRUE FACTS PLEASE DO NOT POST.

Most people who badmouth it dont have a friggin idea about it in the first place and that goes for doctors too. Sure you can read all ya want about it and maybe the side effects sound bad so that makes it so? To really know you have to have taken it YOURSELF.!!
Some will not like it, wont want to use it and will choose another form of medicine to treat their addiction and that is ok. Soboxone,from what I hear works real well for some, not so well for others. We are all different. As I have said before in previous posts, addiction is not a one size dose fits all,any more than the medicine you take to treat yourself for anything else.

My pet peeve is that like a lot of other issues people try to project their own dislike for something on to others. I'd rather tell someone the gods honest truth and let them decide for themselves. After all,they are the ones that will be taking the medicine in the first place.

This site is meant to be a place where anyone can come,ask the questions,so we can dispel the myths about methadone once and for all. It is a good drug and I KNOW,1st hand, IT DOES WORK. If you are truly wanting to be done with abusing heroin and/or opiate drugs come and get truthful answers from those who know.
Thanks.

Granny

--------------------
I NEVER KNEW HOW MUCH LOVE MY HEART COULD HOLD UNTIL SOMEONE CALLED ME GRANDMA.

STOP AND LISTEN TO THE BIRDS SINGING IN THE TREES. WHEN THE BIRDS ARE SINGING EVERYTHING IN LIFE IS OK.[FONT=Courier][FONT=Arial]

Posted: October 17, 2011, 6:52 PM
Although I was never on methadone myself , i worked with many who were.
I welcome this thread on methadone and am glad it is here.

Methadone can be a great drug for the heroin addict.
I too welcome more posts from people who are actually using methadone.
Please share your experience, strength and hope to inspire others !!

--------------------
Blessings,
Dr. Irab
retired psychiatrist
freebaser of cocaine for 2 years +alcohol
addict/alcoholic
c/s 12 yrs thru 12 step.
Former Medical Director:
Methadone Maintenance Clinic.

Posted: October 17, 2011, 7:28 PM
Granny I am the first person to admit when I am wrong--Ever since a HBO show years ago forget ? Methadonia -anyway i have learned that just like myself using Suboxone Methadone has saved a lot of people--

I was put on embeda but the FDA took it off--so we tried Kadian as my pain sucks and short term opiates like roxy /oxy etc I will eat as I am very diseased--But this kadian is an extended capsule with morphine--worked awesome as my pain was okay but the side effects bother me--prostate constipation and my asthma also itl led to my stomach--but not pushing Kadian on anybody--its a hardcore opiate--but for me it never got me high euphoric and unlike oxycontin I am weaning and will be off in 2-3 months--

Granny When I asked about Methadone this doctor will throw your arse out if any type of meds other than her few narcotics--Explained the pros and cons of methadone --But who am I to say Methadone does not work for us addicts. I have been reading this recovery threads for many years and kinda logical some people will do well on sub others on methadone. If you have chronic pain its hard not to try something--anything--but one thing i do know AA can only help me.

Glad you got the mods to add this as it can only help people--

Be Good--Jeff

This post has been edited by Suboxman on October 17, 2011, 7:28 PM

--------------------
It is Just Not worth it.

"Inside every older person is a younger person
wondering what the puck happened."

One Day At A Time

Posted: October 18, 2011, 12:25 AM
Thanks Jeff,
I havent been on this site very long,Aug.29th,I think, but I got so much good stuff from the folks here. Its amazing. It didnt take long for me to see the need for a methadone site.

While we dont go to meetings like NA or AA anymore, (which is where my husband & I both got our recovery knowledge) We are involved in our clinic as advocates. WE have a recovery meeting for those in our clinic that give neg U/A's. They are" kindly invited" by the manager and their counselors. Surprisingly enough they all show up every week because they enjoy our conversations. There is no real "punishment" for them if they dont come, but they dont push it so far to where they might. They even said they would come even if they werent "made" to.At first we got the "who the hell are you,are you STAFF?? Blah,blah, but once they found we are one of them, Patients,just like them,its all good. And they help us as well.

We are our clinics first ever advocates. Just found that out. All I know is that methadone has always had a bad rap because of all the lies, OH dont get me started, surrounding its use. I want to try to dispel all the myths,wives tales Etc,etc,etc and have this be a site where anyone can come and get the gods honest truth about methadone. Whether it is for yourself,a friend a family member, makes no difference to me. No lies, no well,I think... Nothing but the truth,so help me God. Addicts need a place to get good,current information, no second guessing..

Now Jack ?? He knows so much more than I do and I think he and I, along with my husband will do our best to make sure everything we post here is the truth to the best of our ability. I already asked that before anyone posts here, even doctors, to write the truth,not their personal opinion. Only addicts who have been on methadone can tell us how it works or doesnt work for them. For me, I am alive and a functioning human being because of it.

Thanks again for your kind words. Spread the word.. I also started another recovery site on WebMD called Grannys Recovery Place. I doubt anyone besides me has posted there, but we can get that going as well. I am so busy right now I cant spend the time I probably should to build it better.

Good night Jeff. Keep up the good work.
Granny

--------------------

STOP AND LISTEN TO THE BIRDS SINGING IN THE TREES. WHEN THE BIRDS ARE SINGING EVERYTHING IN LIFE IS OK.[FONT=Courier][FONT=Arial]

Posted: October 18, 2011, 10:14 AM
Granny Its scary but I am just to diseased to use Methadone--or I would have tried it as Pain Blows--But i had my first hip replacement in 1999Found OXYCONTIN--and the second one was starting to go lame--I just had another child -my ex Boss said we can do this without you-Boom fired--8years and they have no laws so bye bye cobra Unemployment it hurt--I rather get high??

Anyway Granny I honestly do not remember exactly how messed up I was 2001-??My golf game was more important than having another hip--Idiot Addict --

--but I was on so much Oxycontin and benzos--there was a little place called watershed-in Bocca went there for detox and stayed for 28 Days.

--they gave me 10 mg of red syrup "Methadone I was on it for 4 days-and man I was HIGH as a KITE?? Add that to what you read etc--I guess the methadone scared the crap out of me--That day I entered the watershed I drank and ate all my pills so when they gave me the methadone as my levels peaked--I guess just 10 mg can f- you up?? with all the crap in my system.

I finally had the hip in 2003 wanted to kill myself and man hit that oxy /benzoyl/ beer--and 1yr later was going to die and somehow made it to this lady in margate ran a shrink hospital--SUBOXONE been 7+ yrs no Oxycontin--YAY now working on being sober-3+ weeks--NO ALCOHOL-meetings.

Granny feel like sheet but this is my job--fixing the spiritual part of my life--Not easy but if you want it bad well you do it man.

Granny you take care--Jeff

Posted: October 18, 2011, 8:08 PM
hey there Giants Stink,

Sounds like you went through hell in a handbasket. I am sorry about that. We all do our own addict crap in our own crappy addict way. There are no rules that say take this pill with this drink or snort this drink and eat that sandwich. We are ,like I like to call myself " a toxic waste dump" I took what I could, when I could, as often as I could regardless of the consequences I knew were there staring me in the face.

I dont remember getting or feeling high with my first dose of methadone. I really dont. I have heard people say they felt it...maybe I did, and got high but who knows. I was a real lightweight compared to the people I deal with regularly, I think I was started on like 30 -40 mgs of methadone,and that went according to how much I told them I had been using. Of course, I told them I did way more than my daily habit just to be sure I got enough to keep me from feeling sick, not knowing any better. I believe they start everyone on the above dose,regardless,because they know it will take a few days to get used to it and it will for sure be getting adjusted to each individuals own body requirements. You felt it more probably becuz you wolfed down your last stash.....

Thanks for coming to this site,this is just why I asked for it. Methadone is so misunderstood and yet such a wonderful tool for addicts to stop using opiates!!!

Please Keep coming back with any questions you might have. I will do my very best to give everyone just the facts!!!LOL ..... from the old cop show Dragnet ?'Just the facts ma'am, just the facts".

What IS important is to put as much into your recovery as you did to keep yourself loaded. If we put that much energy into helping us stay clean we would have a whole lot less relapses.

Congrats on 7+ yrs on Subs!!! Fantastic job!!!
I am fairly new to learning about Suboxone but will get it all in my brain because I'm an advocate at my clinic and we are going to start adding that choice for our patients.I take the "cherry syrup". in my "take-homes".

Keep up the good spiritual housecleaning and forgivness or all you have worked for will be for naught.

Late!

Granny

--------------------

Posted: May 24, 2017, 8:57 AM
TsumiNao,

We have moved your post to Families/Partners of Addicts. It's titled Abusing Suboxone .

- the moderators
post replypost new topic