post replypost new topic
Daughters World Of Synthetic Cannabis

Posted: July 8, 2015, 7:39 PM
Hello everyone..anyone

I'm a mum from Australia.

I thought I would write my experience as a mum of a daughter almost 29 and her addiction to synthetic cannabis. About four years K was also diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder. We are not sure, even now if this was brought on by smoking but it coincided time wise.
She told me she would smoke it now and then, even with me telling her how harmful it can be.

Last December she started having seizures and after tests, MRI, EEG, that didn't find anything was diagnosed epileptic. Cannot drive for a year and on medication twice a day. She is also taking Lexapro (anti depressant).
She has had 7 seizures in total, and the last two (in the one morning) saw her admitted to hospital for 4 days. Her short and long term memory being well 'screwed' in a word.

I learnt that her and her B/F were smoking it continually, both unemployed they would spend approximately $300+ per week on this stuff.

I won't go into the details of what has happened with her B/F, needless to say he has moved back to his parents home to detox and seek counselling as he was smoking it for over 12 years. My daughter was the unlucky one, possibly developing the epilepsy from it.

Whilst smoking she looked so unhealthy. Dark circles around her eyes, not a large girl by any means, she lost so much weight, going to a size 6-8. Her face was drawn, her skin pale. Her moods were at many times extremely volatile. We had holes punched in doors and walls etc and she pretty much alienated her family.

We took her back to my place with my partner, whom she couldn't stand, but due to her memory loss cannot remember any of the 'bad incidents' thankfully. She has not smoked now for 4 weeks.
At first she was very agitated, restless, craving chocolate or sugar like crazy, this is still happening. She has gained quite a few kilos in this time as her body obviously needed it.
Her sleeping is all over the shop still. Sleeps more during the day, wakes a few times at night.
Eats large meals, possibly more than she should, can eat a packet or two of chocolate biscuits in a day. As she is not seeing her B/F for some time, she is anxious, sweats a lot and has fragile moments. Anything on TV that is too sad or 'bad' news can upset her.

I write this to try and tell others...PLEASE stay away from this horrible, disgusting stuff.
As far as detoxing, I think she has come through (and still is) reasonably well. She knows what it had done to her and never wants to return to it.
I have her now on multi vitamins every morning, along with her medication.

I knew my daughter was still there...somewhere and I fought hard to bring her back.

It can be done, if she escaped...you can too. I wish you all the very best in your endeavours.

Happy to answer any questions.

J

Posted: March 2, 2016, 3:47 AM
I can tell ya this, that people, even close loved ones are BIG TIME liars when it come to WHICH drugs they are REALLY taking...want to soften the blow, just downgrade the drug that is really doing one in. I mean I don't KNOW but it sounds fishy
post replypost new topic