post replypost new topic
Guilt Shame & Foolish Pride

Posted: December 19, 2016, 12:39 AM
Okay so Ive been clean for a year now and I have been truly blessed all relationships have been restored and I have everything anyone could ask for but my guilt and shame and insecurities eat me alive what's some advice you could give

Posted: December 19, 2016, 12:28 PM
This forum is not very active. We suggest you repost in the forum that most closely matches your previous addiction.

- the moderators

Posted: December 19, 2016, 8:46 PM
my simple advice would be to distract yourself when you find your thoughts dwelling on unpleasant memories. Do what you can to make amends. To fix regrets or ask forgiveness or to find closure. Do some volunteer work of any sort that you feel that you can help with people, pets. I think time will make the memories less after a while.

I am a parent and I have those memories too. of situations with my kids and looking back on the past 2-3 years dealing with one kid and then dealing w the other kid.... sad past situations - lost friends - lost possessions - lost jobs..... I also feel sad knowing that my kids have to live with their memories and feel the guilt and shame that you are feeling. I hope they forgive themselves.

it can be overwhelming, but you have to remember that it can be worse. you have control to make sure things dont get bad again. you are lucky you have been able to mend relationships. take it slow and steady. give yourself time. keep thinking positive. forgive yourself it was not your doing, but the addiction doing. just be sure not to go back there.

Go to NA meetings or therapist if needed.

This post has been edited by NyToFlorida on December 19, 2016, 8:55 PM
post replypost new topic