post replypost new topic
Alternatives

Posted: September 7, 2016, 8:17 PM
has or does anyone use alternative medicines or therapies to help with withdrawal or for pain management, cravings, etc

Posted: September 8, 2016, 12:26 AM
For opiate w/d I had started taking 5-htp. I did notice effects right away. I don't know about for cravings as those didn't hit until after I stopped taking this. Nothing miracle but definitely a calming effect. Another amino acid i took for awhile was sam-e. I'm not even gonna try to remember actual name of that one! I feel like somewhere on this board there's information about your question but can't remember where..

Posted: September 8, 2016, 8:20 AM
Yes, your right. there have been some posts giving a lot of information regarding supplements and what to take, etc.

I am interested in the alternatives such as Yoga, Meditation, Tai Chi, working out at a gym, running, getting a treadmill, massage, homeopathic, acupuncture... the holistic approaches ... see the tab at top of page.

To the moderators: can you create a Message Board Tab for Holistic Approaches so members can talk about what IS helping them under that topic?

Thank you!

Posted: September 9, 2016, 12:52 AM
Ny, I was responding to the alternative medicine part as far as what helped in early recovery. I didn't bring up yoga because while the few times I did was amazing I did not stay dedicated. I have regularly exercised since being clean sometimes slacking and when I don't I definitely notice a decline in my mental state. On those off days I still force myself to do something,even if that's just going for a walk.
post replypost new topic