I stand by my May 19th post.

All the best.

Bob R

--------------------
Serenity Prayer
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.

Free copy of AA's Big Book on-line: http://www.aa.org/pages/en_US/alcoh...olics-anonymous

Free copy of NA's Big Book on-line:
Copy & Paste coastalcarolinaarea.org/literature/books/b_t.pdf

AA's HOW IT WORKS:
Copy & paste www.aa.org/assets/en_US/p-10_howitworks.pdf

NA's HOW IT WORKS:
http://www.na.org/admin/include/spa...0it%20Works.pdf

----------------------------------------------------------------

--- driven by a hundred forms of fear, self-delusion, self-seeking, and self-pity.

---there are those too who suffer from grave emotional and mental disorders but many of them do recover if they have the capacity to be honest.

... I need AA more than it needs me.

--- I fight recovery tooth and nail....
I'm not used to being sane, it just doesn't seem natural.

...... According to the great spiritual teachers, ignorance does not result from what we don’t know; ignorance results from what we think we do know.

---Some think that 2+2=5 and believe it.
Some know that 2+2=4 and can't stand it.

--- I didn't have a very happy childhood
but I sure am having a long one !

---Dry since 1989
working daily on getting/staying SOBER.

---If you want to drink, that's your business
...If you want to quit, that's AA's business.

... Tell me, I'll forget;
... Show me, I'll remember;
... Engage me, I'll understand.

---Most problems are psychological.
Most solutions are spiritual .

"If we try to change our ego with the help of our ego, we only have a better-disguised ego."
--Richard Rohr

WWBWD (What Would Bill W. Do)

Posted: July 3, 2015, 4:05 PM
I am new too. and I am not a young either I have never had this problem. I have osteoarthritis and I now know that I should not have gotten involved with opana or oxymorphone but I believed the Dr. I have since had knee replacement and really didn't know what my pain level even was anymore. to make long story short I got addicted and ended up in constant withdrawal cause I absolutely refused to let him increase that stuff. so I made him start decreasing it 5 mos ago but I got sick of him and the last month I really cut it down and finally just stopped last Monday. I was hardly taking any anyway. mon tue wed felt pretty bad muscle pain no appetite very weak. yesterday was up day muscle aches were gone until late last night when came back with a vengeance and I haven't been to sleep since. am I going to be ok? I am 62 and am a strong old lady, been thru a lot in my life. but for the life of me I have never been addicted to much except sex LOL but I am worried. do I need a Dr? or is this going to get better in next couple of days I am pretty determined. as determined as that dr was to keep me addicted to that stuff. I did not go cold turkey I was smart enough not to do that. I didn't want to kill myself but I can tell my body wants that stuff only I am not going to give it. I threw it away . I never vomited or had the runs just aches no appetite very weak. so how long do I suffer? can I take it?
post replypost new topic