< prev  next >  post replypost new topic
Codeine Addiction... Check In

Posted: April 30, 2015, 2:04 AM
Hey 25,

Yeah I'm good, 4 months in 10 days.

I remember it all turned around VERY slowly after the 2 - 3 week mark.

I go to a addiction councillor every 14 days, I find this helps.

Good to hear your on the right path... Keep going and always remember that 1st week!!

Talk soon

Mike

Posted: May 6, 2015, 2:45 AM
hi mike..wow thats fabulous!! and ur so right about things going alot slower after the first month or so but im determined if nothing else lol.love and best wishes.x

Posted: May 8, 2015, 1:12 AM
Hi Mike, 4 months for you....WOW. that is truly amazing and very inspiring.....im not doin so well, but I am glad to hear you are....well done!!! I know how hard it can be...

Posted: May 8, 2015, 2:07 AM
Thanks Shell

Yeah 4 months down the road.
Very rarely think of the pills anymore.

How are you?
Are you still on the rails?
Thoughts are with you...

Ps It's hard hey??

Mike

Posted: May 8, 2015, 10:57 AM
well done Mike - great job- hey Tryingtohard - how you doing today- reach out for help if you are in need- thats what we are here for- best of luck to both of you -

Posted: June 8, 2015, 8:01 PM
Thanks everyone..
5 months today!!

How are you all going?

Posted: June 9, 2015, 7:29 AM
5 months mike..power to you my friend..im still trying hard to lol...day 3..fingers x I go the distance...hell yeah its hard...

Posted: June 9, 2015, 6:43 PM
Thanks Shell

Have you consulted a doctor?
They have programes to help you.
I reached out at day 4 to my dr and she is part of the reason I've got this far.
Every day is still challenging. Today feels like the start of day 14 for me.
For the first time in 3 months I feel like using again (but I won't)!!

Life on life's terms

Thoughts are with you Shell

Posted: June 9, 2015, 8:11 PM
Hi Mike, forgot to ask how it feels to feel again! Do u still lack energy and feel like your dragging yourself around? Or has that all past? Im still just taking my anti anxiety meds, although now im taking alot more!. Its day 4 and i still feel very low, but im still pushing on..no real urge to pop pills, so far anyway! Thanks for the support Mike..im so happy your kicking a** at this because i know how damn tough it is!!
Keep in touch ok☺

❤ shell

Posted: June 9, 2015, 8:12 PM
And Mike! There is no turning back for you my friend...remember how s***ty existance it is...dont do it!!@

Posted: June 9, 2015, 11:42 PM
Hey Shell
Energy levels have returned to normal, apart from Saturdays. On that day I'm running on about 60% energy levels. It's a bit of a downer, as I look forward to Saturday all week.

Yes it really is good feeling again. Little things like a gentle breeze or a sunny spot on a cold morning. Sounds strange hey..

I found week 3 was a real turning point for me, I still get anxiety but I'm seeking counciling for that. Your GP can set it up, it costs nothing.

I find it makes me think outside the box.

Keep in touch : )

Posted: June 10, 2015, 12:27 AM
Hi Mike, glad to hear all is well..as for the down on saturday, dont sweat it to much, think of it as a reminder of where u never want to be again☺. I do see a councellor and take anti anxietys..its all gelping. As for the feelings, no way is that strange! I was saying to almosthome that i long to have feelings, you know feel emotion..ive been a zombie for 3 years...i want to laugh, cry, hurt, be sad! I want to feel... so its not strange...im so glad for you and i hope to be there soon....we will always have to be mindful, but i think we can live a fairly normal existance without pills!!! Well done Mike...id plant a big one on your cheek if i could...mwwaa
stay in touch..id love to still swap stories...and see how your keeping.

❤shell

Posted: June 10, 2015, 4:03 AM
Thanks Shell
You've helped me..
Your on your way.. Honestly!!
Keep moving forward.. Minute by minute.. Crunching seconds if it helps.
Time heals all wounds.. And your wounded.. We all are here..
I'm In Queensland.. So keep posting..
I'll help you through the fog..

Kisses straight back : )

Posted: June 10, 2015, 5:21 PM
Thanks Mike..
I plan on never looking back!
Its been a long rough road, but im more determined than ever to make this right!! I got this!!!
Keep in touch

❤shell

Posted: July 16, 2015, 5:19 AM
Half a year!!

Posted: July 16, 2015, 5:22 AM
How is everyone else tracking??
Shell?

Posted: July 16, 2015, 5:28 AM
I'm going through the same today .I've got a 4 head stick seems to help the headaches but that's all I got so far I'm new to the board I hope you get through it xx

Posted: July 16, 2015, 5:30 AM
I just realised your off them ! As you can tell I'm definitely new !! I'll be reading your story later congratulations x

Posted: July 16, 2015, 5:34 AM
Congratulations Mike ..... Is always great to hear from someone who has managed to stay off those bloody pills .

Day 32 for me ... Good thing is I had to think there re days .

Just wondered if you attended AA/NA or what support you had/have ?

Well done

Love

Millie x

Posted: July 23, 2015, 5:59 PM
Hi Mike, i hit a big bump in the road...so im back to square 1...well day 6 anyway...feeling s***..not on here alot just want to get this done!
post replypost new topic