post replypost new topic
Methadone Or Suboxine, (which Is Easier To Kick)

Posted: April 15, 2015, 12:52 AM
At 190 MG's methadone, would it help me get off if I switch to Suboxine?

Posted: April 16, 2015, 12:45 AM
you would have to decrease to 30mg's of methadone then abstain from methadone for (i think its) 3 days BEFORE they will even give you suboxone.

i thought about it too but then was like: "if i'm decreasing to 30mg anyways I might as well just stop the methadone and then just stop and not even bother to switch."

As soon as you take it it will kick into high intense withdrawal right now (if for some reason you decided to take it on your own). I have heard HORROR stories about people taking a suboxone while still having methadone in their system and it was PURE HELL for them!

Good luck.

Posted: April 20, 2015, 7:29 AM
as a former methadonian for 15 yrs and going from 5 to 0 because the type of methadone the clinic was using didnt' have anything lower, I wish now that my counselor had discussed with me going onto suboxone for methadone withdrawal once I went to zero.
I stayed on methadone for way too long due to the fear of horror stories of coming off it and plus I felt balanced emotionally being on it. I suffer from bipolar II for many years now.

I agree with the other member that replied to you about NOT taking suboxone while currently on methadone. you WILL go into a horrible and dangerous withdrawal syndrome. you have to have to be in some withdrawal in order to start the suboxone. you can NOT have methadone in your body before taking the sub.

I find personally that the suboxone is much more gentle on our bodies. It's not so acidic to the tissues, bones and teeth. My fibromyalgia has almost gone away since I stopped methadone. Plus you don't have to go to the clinic everyday or every 3 days. etc.
I also found out through other people that coming off of suboxone is nothing in comparison to methadone. It's MUCH easier. I followed a woman doing a video diary on line tapering off her suboxone who was on it for six years. She too feared going through the same withdrawals as methadone, and is why she stayed on the sub for so long when she didn't need to.
she really inspired me because I saw that it is nothing like methadone.

I don't want to tell you what I went through coming off the methadone. I don't want to plant bad seeds in your mind. I even went in with a positive attitude about it and still it was the most difficult thing I've been through. I wish to God I had never started the methadone, but it saved my life and gave me a new one in return. I just wish I had set it up with my counselor to get on the sub for the withdrawal of the methadone
it's good you are inquiring about the suboxone. it's wise to do your homework first. otherwise you could get very sick. be well and good luck with your choice.
post replypost new topic