post replypost new topic
Day 7 Off Sub Help
1932reddog

Posted: April 28, 2014, 12:28 AM
Hey guys
Some of you may remember me from back in the day, Like 7 years ago. Im 37 now and been taking 4mgs a day for 14 months. It truly saved me a** but I knew in my hear there is no free lunch and I cant take it forver. I am blessed with a good job so I took off 3 weeks of work. In a few hours ill have 8 days. I don't want to sound like a complainer but I am living in a world of serious s*** right now., I just started going back to meetings on Friday but its so hard to get up and out and shower, I haven't eaten in almost 6 days. I cant sleep, Im soo depressed and feel helpless. They say in na u are never alone well I feel incredibly alone right now. Please pray for me or something, I cant take it anymore

No matter how bad it continues to hurt im notg using no way in he**. Its got to get better soon? right

jj
1932reddog

Posted: April 28, 2014, 9:42 AM
I slept!!! Not much or terrific but I slept for sure. I really wish someone wrote to me. Ill go to a meeting at 12 I think. Please pray
1932reddog

Posted: April 29, 2014, 2:26 AM
Really? Not one response? Im glad I go to meetings, Day 9!

Posted: April 29, 2014, 8:03 AM
Congrats on 9 days! What a miracle. Try going to the pain pill board, it's more active then here. You'll find support and understanding. Keep coming back. (((HUGS)))

Jessica

Posted: April 29, 2014, 1:24 PM
Red--its the reality of social media/networking--if u to go to meetings like u stated u meet people ala Facebook twitter instagram thats where aa friends hook up with not this forum FRIENDS--the forum been here for a long time--some special people are still around-- here on this forum from 2004- 2005 people have only so much time --CHANGE--I just read the forum 2-3 days a week----life goes on--Red-

Take care--jeff

--------------------
It is Just Not worth it.

"Inside every older person is a younger person
wondering what the puck happened."

One Day At A Time

Posted: April 29, 2014, 1:24 PM
HI JESSICA-----------------

--------------------
It is Just Not worth it.

"Inside every older person is a younger person
wondering what the puck happened."

One Day At A Time

Posted: April 30, 2014, 8:58 AM
HEY HEY HEY JEFF!!
1932reddog

Posted: May 6, 2014, 11:42 PM
Day 16 off the subs,

Thank you all for your responses, Sorry I haven't check in a while, Its been a crazy road, I got very very sick but I still made two meetings a day,

I have been going to meetings but I don't know, Im trying but people have their clicks, Im so sad tonight, I wont use though''

Posted: May 7, 2014, 8:18 AM
Hang in there it gets better. I remember when i first started going to meetings and i was very jealous of other people going out to lunch or dinner with their sponsor,and yes their were some clicks. The important thing to keep in mind is that you have to be selfish in recovery like you were when using. Cause it's your recovery not their's. Find someone who has what you want(what i mean by that is do they live the kinda life you want? Share your same values, ect...)and stick them like glue! This may take awhile. Don't ever give up. I am a slow learner and ever slower at letting things set in. That's just me and i'm ok with that. Sometimes quickly sometimes slowly.

When i first came to NA my feeling were all over the place. A lot of ups and downs. I think it's normal. You will find a post about paws that i'm about to bump for you check it out. Keep going to meeting and doing the next right thing. It will get better. The sadness will dissapear and soon life will just take over and that's when the miracle takes over. (((HUGS))) Keep coming back.

Jessica

Posted: May 7, 2014, 8:26 AM
The thread is called Your Brain On Opiates. It's a good read. Just click on the pain pills and it's there. Hang in there:)
post replypost new topic