post replypost new topic
Starting Suboxone Tomorrow - Scared!

Posted: May 10, 2016, 1:56 PM
Hello everyone!

My name is Erin, and as of today I will be a recovering pain pill addict. I've been taking pain medicine for almost four years now, with increasing dosage. It's getting to the point that I'm ruining my life, and doing things no one should ever be doing to get my fix. I'm sick of it. I'm sick of waking up every morning wondering how I'm going to get it, I'm sick of feeling terrified of withdrawal, I'm sick of ruining my relationship with my Mom ...

I'm starting Suboxone tomorrow ... this is kinda my last resort, because I've tried both inpatient and outpatient rehabs, I've tried doing it cold turkey, I've tried everything ... I really feel like it's going to be the only way to KEEP me off of anything.

I just really wanted to talk to people who have been there. Who have survived recovery and are doing good. I've kinda been stalking the boards the past few days, and I feel like it's a really nice, comforting place for people like me to be.

Day 1! I just gotta keep telling myself if I can get through this, I never have to go through it again. It's kinda my mantra right now.

Posted: May 10, 2016, 3:17 PM
Hello Erin

I hope your first day has gone well. I am afraid I can't comment on suboxone because I have never been on that. But I did have a very serious codeine addiction (700-800mgs a day). I went cold turkey about 3 months ago. That was my third and final time. The withdrawals are hell, but because you are on suboxone to help the withdrawals may not be as bad. I went through hell for 2 weeks, but worth it just to be normal! I wish you all the best, be strong, you can do it. Nick xx

Posted: May 11, 2016, 7:47 AM
Do your research. Coming off suboxone is just as bad if not worse as coming off opiates if you stay on it for a long time.

--------------------

१२ स्तैप्पैर!

kat11100@comcast.net

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you;
that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
Mark Twain

Just because the monkey's off your back doesn't mean the circus has left town

Laugh because it shows people that you have what they want and what they need: a hope in things unseen, a peace that passes understanding, and a God of miracles who also has a great sense of humor.

Posted: May 11, 2016, 10:26 AM
There is nothing to be scared.

Your first day are you with your doctor? How much sub are u being put on?

Jeff

--------------------
It is Just Not worth it.

"Inside every older person is a younger person
wondering what the puck happened."

One Day At A Time

Posted: May 11, 2016, 4:17 PM
12 stepper, I've done my research. I've been looking at options for a long while now, and I've done just about everything BUT going on a medication to help. I've gone to NA meetings, I've done outpatient rehab, I've done in patient rehab, I've gone cold turkey ... With nothing else, I figure this is going to be my best shot and getting my life back. I've looked at the withdrawal from Sub, and it looks terrifying! At least with that, I can have doctors monitoring me when it gets to the place I'm ready to come off the sub.

Suboxman, they're starting me at 16mg of Zubsolv a day. I had my appointment this morning, and it went really well. The nurse was SUPER sweet and very understanding. She explained everything step by step. I didn't have to wait very long for my induction - she'd warned me if Inwasnt in full withdrawal or at a 26 on the COWS scale, they'd have to watch me for a bit. I hit a 24 straight off, and the doctor went ahead and approved it.

I feel a lot better now, both mentally and physically. I feel proud of myself that I've taken this step. I'm going to do it this time. There's no other choice.

Thanks everyone for listening. I hope you're all doing great today!

Posted: May 12, 2016, 8:47 AM
hope for the best,
post replypost new topic