post replypost new topic
Messy

Posted: February 21, 2015, 5:21 AM
Hi I'm new here and I have a problem with opiates. my husband is prescribed them, and I have struggled with addiction in the past. but it's coming back now and I want to live a clean, sober life the problem is I would shop into his medicine here and there, I feel so disgusted with myself. there its no excuse for that, but all u can say is when I have percocet in my system, I feel happy, like I can so anything. they give me confidence and make mutt days feel amazing, but I.am deluding myself and my family does not desire tthat. my husband and child deserve so much more from me. . I have an amazing husband, and s beautiful for year old daughter <3. you would think that these blessings are enough, but sadly no. addiction runs in my family, and I just want to kick this awful evil habit once and for all.I would love advice, and tips on how to get thru the withdrawals and stuff.
please don't judge me too harshly, despite being a mother, I take care of my family and would do anything for them.
Sorry forthe novel lol.
and it's nice to meet you all.

This post has been edited by NoeZ31 on February 21, 2015, 6:43 AM

Posted: February 21, 2015, 2:17 PM
Hi NoeZ and welcome, first of all , no one here will judge you-we have all been where you are, we all need help to battle this disease we share, addiction. you have a couple of options if you want to quit, you could ask your DR to give you you something to help with the WD's or try and taper off the pills on your own- by reducing the amount you take over a couple of weeks- this is not easy and requires discipline- if you can get your husband or somebody else you trust to help you by holding the pills for you this may help- alternatively you can do it cold turkey- this is quicker but you will have to be prepared to deal with the WD's- the severity of the Wd's vary - it often depends on how many pills you are taking and how long you have been taking them for- everybody reacts differently so it is hard to know how severe they will be- this option can be dangerous as there is always the danger of seizure when detoxing - you may need to do this under medical supervision- whatever method you chose remember it can be done- reach out for help- you will get plenty of support here - keep posting- there is a way out of this - it can get better-

Posted: February 21, 2015, 4:15 PM
We're all the same here sister. No judgement. I was in the exact same position as you and ended up getting in pretty deep. If you hear (read) anything I'm saying, hear this. I'm happier, more energized, motivated and a far better father than I was any day on percs. It's hard to imagine when you're in the throes of those white devils but life is exponentially more fulfilling and content ed when they're out of your system and thoughts. Stop taking them immediately, Tell your hubby everything and he'll help with the little one when you're detoxing.The delight and feeling of accomplishment when you get a bit of clean time under your belt is intoxicating in of itself. If I can do it, anybody can do it. Pulling for you

This post has been edited by flipperbaby on February 21, 2015, 4:18 PM

--------------------
"You miss 100% of the shots you never take."

Posted: February 21, 2015, 6:41 PM
thank you very much travelinman and flipperbaby.
I am happy to have found this site, abd when I am in the throes of addiction its so easy to forget that you're not alone, that there are others like you, struggling.
I need to talk to my husband about this. I can get through this. and thank.you guys sore the support :-)

Posted: February 21, 2015, 6:44 PM
I was prescribed naltrexone, but I haven't started it yet .
before my husband would give me a half of a high dose percocet, but its gotten to the point, within thepast couple of weeks I can take up to 3- 3/12 a day.
I have done cold turkey before, and I think I can do it again.

Posted: February 22, 2015, 8:15 AM
HI NoeZ , YOU CAN DO THIS !!!! keep posting and reaching out for support-you will get lots of support here-stay strong-best of luck
post replypost new topic