< prev  next >  post replypost new topic
Methadone Taper
Overfifty55

Posted: November 23, 2019, 10:27 AM
Good morning:). Today is three years for me. I’ve come a long ways since then. I’m very grateful this is in my past. Anyways have a beautiful weekend .........peace

Posted: November 23, 2019, 2:54 PM
Warm congratulations!

Posted: November 23, 2019, 5:54 PM
CONGRADS OVERFIFFTY55

Wow 3 years is a big number!!!!
Randomperson

Posted: November 24, 2019, 12:17 AM
Yay Overfifty congratulations!😁🎉👏 I’m so proud of you!! Woohoo!🙂😁❣️ You have come such a long way and are such an inspiration to so many. I know you were/are to me! I’ll be hitting the two year mark next month! It’s strange thinking back to how scared I was. Now like you I can hardly remember being on it. But I take nothing for granted. I hope you have a great weekend and celebrate today!!!🎂🎉 I’ll try to pop back on here before Thanksgiving.💕🙂

Hi mojo I hope all is well with you!😁

Posted: November 24, 2019, 8:29 AM
Anyone with long term victory experience PAWS?
Randomperson

Posted: November 26, 2019, 12:12 AM
Hi chronicpain I haven’t been off Methadone all that long . It will be two years next month but I can say that the first year I struggled more with anxiety and insomnia and just days where I felt achy all over (not often). Now in year two it has been way better. I feel normal and don’t have any lingering symptoms or paws. The only thing is that I still have sleep issues but it’s better now then it was so I’m thinking it will only get better. Now I wasn’t on a super high dose when I quit and I tapered slowly so that may have something to do with it. Anyway I hope that helps. Maybe someone else will pop on here and give more input. Good for you for getting off. For me personally I am thankful every day and don’t miss it one bit!🙂

Hi itspossible, George, needhelp and overfifty! I hope you guys are getting in the Holiday spirit.....fa, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, laaaaaa! Christmas is a coming!🤪☃️🎄
Overfifty55

Posted: November 26, 2019, 5:00 PM
Good afternoon:). Chronicpain I suffered from PAWS before but not on this go around. It lasted for over 40 days before I sought professional help. I felt weird, I felt wired and tired at the same time, I cried easily, only slept 1-2 hours a night , I felt shaky, had anxiety, depressed and could barely stand to take a shower. Lifting my arm to blow dry my hair was too hard. I wasn’t getting better in fact I believe it was wearing me down. My aftercare support network suggested I see a doctor it was so bad. Oh and I moved so so slow. I had two problems going on mental and physical. Physically I was walking 5-7 miles a day and eating no sugar , lean meat low fat and veggies mostly. I was really in shape and felt great. Then I quit the methadone and PAWS consumed me. Basically I believe time is the only answer to it. Regardless of how you taper if it’s too fast PAWS will set in. That’s just my opinion from how PAWS affected me. I hope your doing better and your PAWS goes away.

Thank you randomperson, mojo1 and Chronicpain for wishing me well on my 3 year anniversary. It really made me smile. Thank you again.

I’m waiting to see if it snows tonight. We have a small chance but it still excites me. ☃️ I’m making a ham dinner tomorrow and will have leftovers for thanksgiving. I’m alone for part of the day while the kids have dinner at their grandparents. We’ve already had a full turkey dinner with all the trimmings, a prime rib dinner and now ham. life is good. Have a beautiful week......peace
Overfifty55

Posted: November 28, 2019, 7:57 AM
🦃🍁Gobble gobble:). Happy Thanksgiving. Have a beautiful day............peace
Randomperson a

Posted: November 28, 2019, 12:53 PM
Hi Overfifty I hope you are doing well! Happy Thanksgiving 🦃 I hope you have a fabulous Turkey day! Gobble Gobble!😁🦃

Happy Thanksgiving giving everyone!! May your tummies be full and your hearts be Thankful!😁
Gobble gobble!🦃🙂❤️

P.S. Christmas is coming!!🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄

Posted: December 14, 2019, 9:57 AM
Hello all my wonderful online recovery friends! How is everyone doing? Overfifty, Randomperson?
I hope you all are doing well and ready for the holidays. It’s been awhile since I’ve came to this site...I’m sorry for that, guys. I’m doing well. I’m still methadone free and @3 1/2 years since I jumped 😃

Hope all is well and will check back again soon!

Posted: December 15, 2019, 8:09 AM
3 1/2 years!

Always encouraging stories here.
Overfifty55

Posted: December 15, 2019, 11:51 AM
Good morning:). My heart is filled with joy and I’m very thankful today. So grateful I’m off of methadone. Randomperson I had an awesome thanksgiving. Very relaxing and filled with memories. Yes Christmas 🎄🎄☃️☃️ Is right around the corner and I’m ready. How are you doing? Christmas is such a magical time for me. I love the tree and my mind wanders to childhood memories. Needhelp123 it’s so nice to hear from you. 3 1/2 years is awesome. It’s hard to imagine life on methadone now. Is that the same for you? Are you ready for the holidays? I already have a goal for the new year. Does anybody make New Years resolutions too? Well the pork roast is in the crockpot and I need to get going. I’m going to try and pop on here more frequent during these last days of the new year. It helps me by posting and keeping track of things on this site. Merry Christmas and happy holidays 🎄🎄☃️☃️💚💚
Randomperson

Posted: December 15, 2019, 5:04 PM
Hi needhelp it’s so good to hear from you! I can’t believe you have 3&1/2 years! Good for you! I hope you’re doing better than you were and that you’re still not suffering from withdrawal. Overfifty has 3 years and mojo has like 5 and I’m not even sure how many years itspossible has but I will have 2 years on the 22nd! One week. This is a group of overcomer’s and we should ALL be proud!😁👏👏. I wish George and itspossible would pop on here but I’m sure they are busy! Anyway Christmas is a coming fa, la, la, la, la, la, la, laaaaaaa!🎄🎄

Hi overfifty it’s so good to hear from you too! Glad to hear you are doing good! It sounds like you are ready for Christmas and I’m sure your granddaughters are super excited for it! My daughter sure is. My pocket book is hurting a little but hey.... it’s Christmas!🎄🎄 My two year mark is next Sunday! One week from today and like you I don’t even think about except when I come on here. I’m so proud of us. I miss the gang but glad to know everyone is doing good. Have you heard from itspossible at all? I hope he is doing good! Anyway my New Year’s resolution is to stop swearing! My fingers are crossed for that one. I swear a lot when I’m driving in traffic 🤪🤪. Anyway I will pop back on here soon! Love ya!❤️😁

Hello itspossible, mojo, marycat and george........ I hope you’re all good!🙂

Posted: December 21, 2019, 3:16 PM
I hope all of you are doing well. And for anyone out there I promise this site helps a ton. Looking back at over 4 years ago I was taking one day at a time. The people on here helped me get through some tough days. I promise getting off methadone was one of the best decisions I ever made. Never read anything negative because there will be people on here that will encourage you and give you tips that help.

I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!!!!
Overfifty55

Posted: December 22, 2019, 12:06 PM
Good morning:). Randomperson today is your two years free of methadone. That’s so awesome. Time is just flying by it doesn’t even seem possible that so much time has passed. I’m so happy for you and that you doing so well. What a great gift to yourself 🎁 life without methadone. Yes the holidays have tugged at my purse strings also. As the girls get older their presents get more expensive. I’m so excited to watch them on Christmas morning. The days are filled with places to go and people to see. Are you doing anything special for yourself for your 2 year birthday? Christmas is in a few days and I’m ready for the festivities. I’m ready for the hustle and bustle of it all. I use to not participate in family holidays. Now I do whenever there’s something going on. It’s the small things I notice that have changed in me. I don’t worry about medication ever now. I don’t analyze my dose and when I’ll be sick anymore. It’s pure freedom. Have a beautiful day today and do something special for yourself...............peace
Randomperson

Posted: December 22, 2019, 3:19 PM
Hi overfifty I’m glad to hear you are doing good and ready for the holidays! I’ve still got some shopping to do but I’m almost done.😁. Yes today is my two year mark Methadone free and it feels so good! Woohoo!!🎉. I’m at a place now where I can hardly remember what it was like to be on it. I don’t miss it one bit. It was pure hell always worrying about getting my prescription and going through withdrawals and all that. It really sucked feeling so dependent on something. Now life is good. Anyway we’re going to Holiday in the Park today and that is my treat. Hopefully it won’t be too cold. Wow my friend we sure have come a long way!❤️🙂. I’m so proud of both of us and for sharing our journeys. I’ve got to get ready to get going but I’ll pop on here for Christmas!🎄☃️

Hello everyone I hope you’re all doing great!😁
Randomperson

Posted: December 25, 2019, 2:19 PM
Merry Christmas everyone I hope you have a wonderful day! May God’s peace dwell in you richly and his love overflow from your hearts!❤️💕🎄☃️🙂
Overfifty55

Posted: December 25, 2019, 8:44 PM
Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night. 🎄🎄☃️☃️
Overfifty55

Posted: January 3, 2020, 10:16 PM
Good evening:). Well the new year is here and all is well. I’m loving being methadone free even now. There’s so much uncertainty surrounding opiates and obtaining them. From doctors of course. I just saw a commercial for cancer patients to try acupuncture before opiates. It is what is but wow that seems harsh. I’ve tried acupuncture and it did zip for me. Sorry kind of rambling but the world is changing. Not being addicted to methadone means I don’t have to worry about it. Which suits me just fine. I hope your doing good randomperson and enjoying your Friday. The Christmas decorations have all been put away and the tree is down. Valentine’s Day here I come 💚💚. With the way time is flying by it will be here very soon. Happy New Year 2020 🎉🎉
Overfifty55

Posted: January 14, 2020, 11:02 AM
Good morning:). Just wanted to say hi. I’m so grateful to not be taking any opiates. Methadone was the last stop for me after heroin. I tried everything including Suboxone but nothing worked for me. Methadone saved me. I’m a firm believer in time. Methadone put time between me and heroin. I liked being on methadone too. After a few years on it my doctor moved. I had to find a new doctor that would continue my methadone. That’s when I started to realize my treatment was in jeopardy. I wasn’t going to a methadone clinic my doctor prescribed 30 ml of pills a day. I didn’t want to go back to a methadone clinic. I didn’t like the atmosphere or the location of the clinic. Smack downtown right where all the druggies hang out. I did find another doctor but after a few years she retired. During this time I tapered myself down to 10ml. I didn’t tell her I was tapering. I did tell her that I only needed 10 ml a day. She didn’t say much and we never discussed getting off the methadone. I just had a feeling that I should get off of methadone. One time I jumped at 30ml and it was horrible. I was hurting real bad and had zero energy to move. Because of this I wanted to taper down to zero. Since most tapers from doctors don’t last long enough I did it on my own. I was taking pills and I just broke them in half, in fourths then crumbles. I would say about a 1ml reduction a month is what my brain could handle. Because I went slow I didn’t suffer the horrid withdrawals of jumping. I just moved slow. Now 3 years and some change later I’m off of all opiates. Thank goodness this madness is over. Time is what helped me the most. Stringing together days to months to years. I’m in awe of people that go through the withdrawals without comfort meds. I’m a big baby and don’t like to suffer. It was my mental health that was holding me up. I was a wreck. After I sought professional help and quit listening to well meaning people I got better. I’d like to say that there’s not a one size fits all in this. If you find yourself trying everything suggested and still suffering see a doctor. Just being off of the methadone didn’t help my mental issues. Time wasn’t going to cure this. Tough pill to swallow lol. Needing medication. Well three years later still on meds and doing fantastic. Theres no shame in mental illness. I just wanted to share this tidbit because for me it was the missing link. I’m not pushing medication I’m just sharing how it’s helped me. I read my post over and would like to say at the end I did ask for help tapering from my doctor. She retired after that and I’ve never been prescribed methadone since. Well I’ll get off my soap box now. This topic is dear to my heart. Had I listened to my doctors earlier about medication perhaps I wouldn’t of used heroin to self medicate. Anyways have a beautiful Tuesday 😀
post replypost new topic