next >  post replypost new topic
Day One I Quit Marijuana After Years Of Use
Overfifty

Posted: September 3, 2017, 11:00 AM
I quit weed today after years of smoking. The thing is I love love love smoking weed. But unfortunately I am developing breathing problems and have a horrible rattle cough. I also have gotten to the point where it's just not helping me anymore. I don't know really what's going on with me I just know I need to quit. I have been wanting this for awhile but never had the guts to just quit. Today I posted my thoughts and have begun my journey to a smoke free life. I usually wake and bake but today I haven't and I am okay. I also have been going down in THC so my body can adjust .I haven't tapered though......I am cold turkey on this one. Gobble gobble lol. I feel like I have a purpose today. I am working towards better health. I probably will be posting several times a day for awhile. I just never thought I would be doing this. Taking it one minute at a time.................peace
Overfifty

Posted: September 3, 2017, 2:40 PM
Well it's been about 15 hours since I smoked and I have no symptoms of withdrawal. I am very grateful for this. I was a heavy smoker for years with some breaks of abstinence in between. I did lower my THC for awhile before this so maybe it's helping me now. Taking this minute by minute. Going to fix something to eat now. Feeling strong and motivated..........peace
Overfifty

Posted: September 4, 2017, 9:36 AM
Day 2:) I didn't smoke yesterday and I was fine:) after years or rather decades of smoking I didn't have withdrawals on day 1. The transition to not smoking weed has been mentally challenging. But physically my body was ready to quit. So this morning I am enjoying a cup of coffee and watching the news. Proud my journey has started......peace
rehan pakistani

Posted: September 4, 2017, 9:43 AM
sir overfifty your decision is good,,,,in the beginning you will face some difficulties but after some time everything will be ok and fine,,,,so don't give up.
rehan pakistani

Posted: September 4, 2017, 9:47 AM
sir i am really happy to know that you are not facing withdrawal symptoms. its great for you.welcome to the journey of being clean and getting rid off a curse.
Overfifty

Posted: September 4, 2017, 3:48 PM
Thank you Rehan for your kind words:) I am being gentle with myself today. I just told my family and they are supportive. Now it seems more real somehow. I am doing well today. No discomfort or anxiety and I can eat. I am grateful for today................peace
Overfifty

Posted: September 5, 2017, 9:27 AM
Day3:) I made it another day:) I am so proud of myself for quitting. I haven't experienced any withdrawals so to speak of. I am not a sleeper and 5-6 hours is what I average. Maybe I got a little less sleep last night but feel fine this morning. I already feel more alert and motivated in just 2 days. I am not depressed either. I didn't have to quit. I am not on probation nor does my family insist I quit. I did this for ME!!! I also want to start walking daily. The air quality is hazardous because of wildfires so can't walk this morning. Getting healthier is what I want. So I am taking things one day at a time...........................peace

Posted: September 5, 2017, 10:20 PM
My account got screwed up so now I am overfifty55. Tonight I am feeling super sweaty and anxious. Nothing I can't handle though. I am taking things minute by minute. I have an appetite and have been eating regularly. Have a pleasant evening..........peace

Posted: September 6, 2017, 9:54 AM
Day 4 of not smoking weed. Tossed and turned a bit last night but did sleep. I am sweating this morning. I don't feel anxious though which is good. I am at my daughters house so I am not alone. I am doing this:) I am happy this morning. Taking things minute by minute...........peace

Posted: September 7, 2017, 1:44 AM
Having a hard time going to sleep. Been a little snappy this evening. My heart is racing a bit. I am not sweaty though which is nice. It's raining outside which we needed. Goodnight all.........peace

This post has been edited by Overfifty55 on September 7, 2017, 1:46 AM

Posted: September 7, 2017, 12:08 PM
Day 5 and all is well. Doing good this morning:) This really is going smoothly despite smoking for decades. Last night a possum got into the house. It made for an interesting early morning surprise lol. They are mean too. Have a good day.........peace

Posted: September 7, 2017, 9:40 PM
I am doing amazing tonight. No symptoms of withdrawal. This seems so weird to me that I am doing so good. I am very grateful today.............peace

Posted: September 8, 2017, 9:18 AM
Day 6 all is well this morning. My granddaughter was sick last night so I stayed holding the puke bucket. Poor little thing. I was up pretty late. I am still amazed that I feel so good from not smoking. Taking this one day at a time...............peace
rehan pakistani

Posted: September 10, 2017, 8:55 AM
sir overfifty i am glad to know that you are not suffering any withdrawal symptom,,best of luck sir

Posted: September 11, 2017, 2:48 PM
Good for You! How are you feeling today? When I quit weed I suffered some sleep problems, but my biggest symptom was agitation. So happy for you. You will be amazed how much more productive you will be after just a few months. Do you attend 12 step meetings?
They help me very much.
Overfifty55

Posted: September 11, 2017, 8:00 PM
Day 9 of not smoking weed:) Thank you Rehan for your support. I have been sweaty, agitated and not sleeping. Johny1arm you are right agitation is a problem for me. I have been hanging in there just kind of feel snappy and crappy. I use to attend meetings I don't anymore. I am kinda blah tonight. I guess I want a get outta jail free card lol But I am doing this and I'm proud of myself. Have a nice evening:)............
..........................peace
Overfifty55

Posted: September 22, 2017, 10:50 PM
Quick update............doing good. No withdrawals. Just living life...........peace
Overfifty55

Posted: September 29, 2017, 11:44 PM
It's a bone yard here lately. Doing good. No complaints. Still not puffing the weed. Take care.......peace
Overfifty55

Posted: October 5, 2017, 5:32 PM
This is my last post. It's a boneyard here.
rehan pakistani

Posted: October 6, 2017, 3:08 AM
hi sir overfifty how r sir,,,,,,,how is your journey going on,,,,i hope you are going well
post replypost new topic