post replypost new topic
A Moment To Celebrate You

Posted: December 12, 2016, 12:27 AM
To my momma friends....

❤️ I See You ❤️
I see you running your child to AA and NA meetings when your friends are running their kids to jobs or college placement testing.
I see you slipping out of the conversation when your friends are all chiming in about milestones and college acceptance letters.
I see you constantly juggling out-patient meetings and court dates.
I see you sitting at your computer for hours desperately researching addiction and treatment options.
I see you cringe when people whine about what feels like petty things.
I see you debating whether you should pull out of your retirement *again* to pay for another round of treatment.
I see you spread thin but still going the extra mile for your other family members because the guilt eats at you that they get so little of your attention.
I see you yet again not taking a much needed vacation for fear of what might happen while you're gone.
I see you digging for depths of strength you never dreamed you had.
I see you showing appreciation to the judges, therapists and medical professionals who serve your child with compassion and understanding.
I see you rising early in the morning to do it all again after another chaotic night.
I see you when you’re hanging on to the end of your rope for dear life.
I know you feel invisible, like nobody notices any of it. But I want you to know I notice you. I see you relentlessly pushing onward. I see you keep choosing to do everything in your power to give your child the best possible care.
What you’re doing matters. It’s worth it.
On those days when you wonder if you can do it another minute, I want you to know I see you. I want you to know you’re beautiful. I want you to know it’s worth it. I want you to know you aren’t alone. I want you to know love is what matters most, and you have that nailed.
And on those days when you have breakthroughs, those times when the hard work pays off and success is yours to cherish, I see you then too, and I am proud of you.
Whichever day today is, you’re worthy, you’re good and I see you. ❤️

Monica Weidert adapted this from Alethea Mshar's poem.

--------------------
“Beliefs are big on earth. People collect them. Some of these beliefs are helpful but others just keep you running around, following rules that others have laid down. They don’t have a lot of personal meaning. It’s a good idea to sort through your beliefs now and then and throw out the ones that don’t serve you.”

~ The Afterlife of Billy Fingers

Posted: December 12, 2016, 2:51 AM
How beautiful. I really needed that right now. Thanks

Lynn

--------------------

I forgot to read the fine print, when i signed up to be your Mom. I thought it would be smiles & hugs and quite a lot of fun.

I didn’t see the part about addiction, mental illness, pain, hopelessness or despair. I didn’t know life could be so flipping unfair.

But I now see something in the fine print that I didn’t see before. It also says to survive your addiction, I must love me more.

In Loving Memory of my angel, J. #forever21 #ihateaddiction #foreverloved

Posted: December 12, 2016, 9:12 AM
Thank you!

--------------------
BUGS

Posted: December 13, 2016, 12:45 AM
Thank you!

--------------------
Michelle
post replypost new topic