< prev  post replypost new topic
Feel Sick

Posted: May 7, 2019, 12:20 AM
I’m not offended. Sad. Tired. Defeated. Gonna try to sleep......

Posted: May 8, 2019, 10:06 PM
so sorry, sallyanna. i hope your daughter heals from her abscesses. it’s all so heartbreaking-all these people who’ve lost so many days of their lives-so much potential in them not being realized.

just found out my nephew noah used alcohol and pot 2 nights ago. he did go back to NA last night and got his beginners chip (again). today he took a friend of his to the hospital for burns suffered while the friend was huffing. like your daughter, my noah is smart and kind. we just don’t see it nearly as much as when he is clean and sober.

hang in there-wish i could help all of our addicted loved ones...

Posted: May 9, 2019, 8:10 AM
Best wishes for Noah. Hope he stays on track.

Posted: May 9, 2019, 12:17 PM
Hi Sallyanna,
I too am so very sorry for what you and your sweet daughter are going through. Sucks so bad. I will continue to pray for all of our beautiful children. I will never stop.

One thought, if you want to know where your daughter is, the police can ping her phone. I am not sure if they can where you live, but maybe you could call them and find out. I would be desperate and no matter how crazy a thought might be I would have to try.
The reason I know this is, my son spoke suicidal thoughts to his girlfriend and turned off his phone for 3 days when I called the police to file a missing persons report he asked his phone number and they could ping it. They cannot ping if it has been off for a long time, but if texts go through it would be on.

I also want to say something else. My son relapsed big time in February. We kicked him out and he lived in his car. He used so much that he told me his arms were sore. I was sick, but then he had had enough and checked himself into treatment. She might just do that too, if the cops come she might just be sick of how she is living and change her mind. I feel like she might realize how much people care when she sees the police that she might go with them willingly. They also might be able to take her without her permission if she has any drugs or paraphernalia.

I am sorry if these thoughts are crazy. I just feel for you and have to put myself in your shoes.

I hope you find her and like I said have prayed for her and hope that she gets the help that she needs.

Kim

Posted: May 11, 2019, 9:42 AM
Thank you Aunt Worry, NTF, and Noodle. I appreciate your caring comments and suggestions. In the past, my daughter would get to a low point and put herself in detox and treatment. This was when she lived close to me. Then, she moved 9 hrs away to a sober living which failed miserably. She is in a very large city and even though she put herself in detox once she checked out and now is just not doing well at all. I plan to contact her again and try to talk her into help. I have complex PTSD and when it comes to her in these difficult situations my mind just freezes and I'm overwhelmed by it. The.whole thing is very sad.

Posted: May 11, 2019, 11:52 AM
My daughter called me this morning asking me to help her get help. We talked a good while and are working on a plan together. This is good news. I hope she will stay motivated to get the help.

Posted: May 11, 2019, 5:51 PM
Good News Sallyanna. You may talk about detox 10 times before she goes in. so keep talking. If you haven't already, call someone at the detox place to see what she needs to do or if someone can talk to her. and maybe get someone's name and phone number to give to your daughter. maybe if the names become familiar, she will start to feel comfortable about going.

Posted: May 11, 2019, 6:54 PM
Sally anne that is good news, baby steps one day at a time, good sign she is asking for help

Posted: May 13, 2019, 6:25 AM
Well....after we talked our plan was to work on a few details and talk again in an hour. She had one task to do. I called back in an hour and she had not done the one simple task. Said she would do it and call me back 'soon'. Never called back after hours.....so I called her back...no answer. Did not hear from her on Mother's Day.

I'm not doing this anymore.

Posted: May 13, 2019, 6:10 PM
Sally Anne sorry to hear this, she just can't seem to put the first foot forward, it's making hat first step, sad as they don't realise how much it impacts us to, or they do and there just to consumed in themselves, there drug becomes are drug, I hope she does get the help she needs

Posted: May 14, 2019, 8:46 AM
Im so sorry to be reading all that...im 16 or so days clean now..im an African male from South Africa and im still struggling but detox really helped me and the support my mums being giving me is really helpful..cant think of anything to say to you right now that can make your situation alil better or make you feel better but I know that its all on the user if you've had it with drugs then you've had it.I have been using for more than ten years and its been ten years of hell,I feel like God has given me a second chance at life and I feel so so free..yes I am afraid but I know that the only way I can stay clean is to not use again...people and places I know all my triggers and I use my mum as some sort of guiden-angel.I tell her everything and use her as my own therapist an it helps me a lot. Please just hang in there for her sake try to stay strong...we have a saying in Africa' it gets really dark before the sun rises...I will be praying for you and your daughter-God bless.

Posted: May 15, 2019, 11:39 PM
Thank you sad eyes and slim shady. I appreciate your kind words. I'm a pretty strong person however this has really shaken me it's really too much. I don't feel qualified to handle this...

Posted: May 16, 2019, 12:36 AM
Slim shady well done on your clean time, you are going well, and you must of got s really good relationship with your mum, that is good, especially when you say she is near your therapist,my son is in so called recovery, but not sure how much he is struggling, I always want to ask him so much, but really I feel a bit awkward, never sure if it would set triggers or just really feel awkward, I wish he would talk to me more, if I do ask I really thyhe is honest with me, but he has always been a man of few words, anyway good luck on your recovery

Posted: May 16, 2019, 8:26 AM
Slim shady congratulations on your sobriety and I'm happy you feel free now. Sounds like things are going really well for you. After 10 years of addiction what was the turning point that made you want to do the work to be sober? If you feel comfortable sharing that with us it would be great to hear. Thank you

Posted: May 21, 2019, 6:19 AM
I am so sorry that you are going through this. My heart just broke as I read this. I don’t have any words of wisdom to give I just have positive thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

Posted: May 22, 2019, 12:56 AM
SA, I'm so sorry to hear this news. It's so hard to stay strong, isn't it? I have no advice to offer. Prayers, hugs, a shoulder if I lived closer, but that's about it. I hope your daughter digs down and somehow finds the will to heal. Addiction sucks.

Posted: May 23, 2019, 12:12 AM
Sallyanna - I'm so sorry. So sorry - I know those are empty words, but know I definitely understand. My son is such a shyster, scam artist... I am so hurt, so angry, so disappointed that I DARED to hope - hope that THIS time would be a good time. It wasn't, he was released May 6 - he was re-arrested today & they added felony charges.... it sucks, he sucks, I suck.

Fool me once - shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me

Posted: May 26, 2019, 10:13 PM
Thank you all for your kind words. After a week or so my daughter has called the last 2 days crying. Her beloved pet was attacked by another dog and she saved him by jumping on the back of the much larger and stronger dog and hit him in the head and kneed him in the throat and he released her dog. It traumatized her dog and her. She took him to the vet and he's going to be okay. She's raised him since he was a pup and he's 9 now. They adore each other and he's her emotional support dog. I'm so happy he's okay
post replypost new topic