< prev  next >  post replypost new topic
What Positive Thing Did You Do Today?

Posted: October 7, 2007, 1:22 AM
Went to two AA meetings, drove a blind member to her destination after a meeting, had dinner with three other sober women members of AA, got to a Speaker meeting tonight....by doing positive action I actually feel pretty positive right now.

--------------------
Peace & Serenity, VWGirl

Posted: October 10, 2007, 11:14 AM

Hey, VW, how's tings?
You're really going headlong into this 12th Step thing, huh? Glad it's working for you!
I chaired a meeting yesterday and (still) reading from the Daily Reflections and stumbled upon the "Spiritual Axiom" that says, basically, "If I'm angry at YOU, there's something wrong with ME."
168 days ago I would have scoffed it off. Today, it matters. Someone said, "If my spirituality is right, nothing bothers me." Again; I would have "Pshawwed" it off as some God-Stuff and slipped back into the bottle.
I'm amazed at my growth--I hope it continues.

Anyone heard from Lacey lately?

--------------------

Faith is not belief without proof, but trust without reservation.

Posted: October 10, 2007, 2:01 PM
I prayed first thing this morning to make a spiritual connection with my HP, God...I got out of self & talked to another alcoholic and listened, really listened...I am smiling today even if things are trying...I laughed out loud at something funny a friend shared...I watched the rain clouds roll in and was amazed just at how beautiful clouds are...Life is good and today the best positive thing I can do for myself is to live it and enjoy it....xoxo

--------------------
Happiness is not in the bottom of a pill bottle. It's inside you.

Posted: October 11, 2007, 11:03 AM
Gidday Everyone

I woke up sober.......that means everything else has a chance

light and love Zac

--------------------
Endless Hope can be found when I am ready for acceptance mixed with spirituality and ask for the courage to change.

Posted: October 12, 2007, 10:17 PM
I checked the boards tonight!

--------------------
Peace & Serenity, VWGirl

Posted: October 24, 2007, 4:53 AM
I'm going to bed at peace in my head:)

light and love zac

--------------------
Endless Hope can be found when I am ready for acceptance mixed with spirituality and ask for the courage to change.

Posted: October 25, 2007, 12:08 AM
SKG, Yep I'm jumpin' with both feet right back into the program...I've got to really get into the ninth step (especially a couple of financial amends)....I know by doing the work I'm going to feel much better! It's funny how that happens isn't it? Hope all is well with you, good job on chairin' that meeting!

--------------------
Peace & Serenity, VWGirl

Posted: October 25, 2007, 6:18 AM
I kissed and hugged our kids and said i loved them and later i skipped across the road with our daughter...she thinks i was just being silly but little does she know i was just being the kid i never had time to be....thankyou God and recovery

light and love Zac

--------------------

Posted: November 6, 2007, 2:19 AM
Today I came home, got the few chores done that needed doing (without procrastinating) had supper and then instead of vegging I got absorbed in a project. (a nice work bench) The wood for this project has been sitting in my bedroom for 6 -7 years now. Lets see, over 2000 evenings of drinking and thinking I should "get around to it"

Quitting drinking was quite a shock to my system; I encountered a bit of PAWS and I wasn't used to being sober all the time. As time wore on I have gotten used to the sober thing but I usually have to force myself to do something. Often I don't. I don't seem to have much of an attention span. I tend to procrastinate and then worry about what I haven't done. Things that might happen also take up too much time and energy.

Having an evening where I was totally absorbed in something I wanted to do was a nice step forward for me. Lets see what tomorrow brings... cause its

one day at a time, Cookster

This post has been edited by Cookster on November 6, 2007, 2:57 AM

Posted: November 6, 2007, 5:48 AM
made it through the day sober. cooked a big chicken meatloaf to put in the freezer.
Had coffee with an AA friend

nice to see somebody resurrect this thread. Was in a foul mood when i got online but reading these positive posts has calmed me down a bit.

--------------------
Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Matthew 6:27

May the Force be with you.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should just get used to the idea....Robert Heinlein.

You can spend the next 24 hours reaching your true potential or sliding down into your own particular hell. the choice is always yours.

Posted: November 6, 2007, 9:54 AM
I called my mother and father in Vermont. First time since the trip up there in July and sharing news about my newly-found fellowship.

--------------------

Faith is not belief without proof, but trust without reservation.

Posted: November 6, 2007, 7:15 PM
I woke up liking myself and smiling:)

light and love zac

--------------------

Posted: November 7, 2007, 1:55 AM
I went to work and put in a productive day, even worked OT. I went to Boxing class and did my chores when I got home and got ready for work for tomorrow.

--------------------
Peace & Serenity, VWGirl

Posted: November 9, 2007, 3:31 AM
Thought of all you, your posts and smiled:)

light and love Zac

--------------------

Posted: November 10, 2007, 1:19 AM
Stayed sober one more day!

--------------------
Peace & Serenity, VWGirl

Posted: November 10, 2007, 4:34 AM
Applied the principles of AA in other areas of my life that can interconnect with my addiction via my mind

light and love Zac

--------------------

Posted: November 10, 2007, 10:18 PM
Got up early and took my youngest daughter to her surf competition, went to Boxing with her, did my chores and errands, was of service at my 12:00 noon meeting, gave another member of AA a ride home, visited with my Mom and her husband, chatted with my Sponsor...now I am enjoying a quiet evening at home, filled with gratitude.

--------------------
Peace & Serenity, VWGirl

Posted: November 16, 2007, 10:56 AM
I smiled when i woke up sober:)

light and love Zac

--------------------

Posted: November 16, 2007, 11:43 AM
I smiled reading Zac's post cause I could relate...

xoxo

--------------------
Happiness is not in the bottom of a pill bottle. It's inside you.

Posted: November 23, 2007, 9:41 PM
I was polite when the jehovas woke me up from sleep when they were door knocking

light and love Zac

--------------------
post replypost new topic